IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
david mitchell (Offline)
  #61 9/22/16 5:52 PM
Lets move the four crown to union county.1.4 million and you can have it all.Mr. Funk do you have the cash.
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #62 9/23/16 12:26 AM
David, bloomer will do well in all those divisions as long as they don't scale him or check his tires.
And Rob, I am happier with the all-stars but I did enjoy the late models too. Jack Hewitt was also an outstanding late model driver at the Big E, and I even remember the Haud buckling up in one at least once. Also have a great memory of Billy Moyer with an awesome run there back when it was a 3 day show. I can't say this is a hundred percent accurate but he missed the Friday night portion. Showed up Saturday and tagged the back of the "B" . I think he drove up to second and made the back of the "A" and won that from like 20th. I still am a late model fan, but will choose open wheel every time
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, racenut69
revjimk (Offline)
  #63 9/23/16 2:34 AM
Not taking sides, I like 'em both but prefer wingless, Just a couple of random thoughts:
A) I recall Karl Kinser saying he would never go back to wingless cause winged cars are safer, wing absorbs lots of the impact in a flip. Can't blame him for that....
B) My friend the late Steve Enslow, who owned USAC sprinters in the 1970s, said they used to run both winged & wingless, dirt & pavement. Everybody...that's how the sanction set it up. Wish I was watching the races back then....
racenut69 (Offline)
  #64 9/23/16 10:59 AM
lol!
Originally Posted by david mitchell:
i just saw on eldora's website that the four classes of cars running on saturday nite are hornets, bandoleros, six cylinders , and legend cars. Scott bloomquist is going for the 100,000 bonus. He has four cars ready.all of them painted like his late model.his suspension is over.his hauler was seen in north star.

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #65 9/24/16 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by racenut69:
lol!
I just heard he's running late his tires aren't done soaking yet😏
Hustlin-Hoosier (Offline)
  #66 9/24/16 1:01 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
David, bloomer will do well in all those divisions as long as they don't scale him or check his tires.
And Rob, I am happier with the all-stars but I did enjoy the late models too. Jack Hewitt was also an outstanding late model driver at the Big E, and I even remember the Haud buckling up in one at least once. Also have a great memory of Billy Moyer with an awesome run there back when it was a 3 day show. I can't say this is a hundred percent accurate but he missed the Friday night portion. Showed up Saturday and tagged the back of the "B" . I think he drove up to second and made the back of the "A" and won that from like 20th. I still am a late model fan, but will choose open wheel every time
Was there with our sprint car when Moyer won from the back , an Awesome drive. My Mom liked to watch Late Models as well. Good times. Think we bolted the wing on the next weekend at went to Avilla to race. Racing's Racing !
3 Likes: flagboy55, interpreter66, racenut69
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #67 9/24/16 1:17 PM
Our racing families our headed back to Eldora for some more great racing events. Have fun and enjoy all the great racing events tonight. Thanks.
racenut69 (Offline)
  #68 9/24/16 1:21 PM
Have FUN,stealth43k and luckybuc97.....

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, stealth43k
NOSTINKINWINGS (Offline)
  #69 9/24/16 1:50 PM
Originally Posted by RynoK1999:
I'm guessing you don't understand the concept of open wheel racing then, just use a little sense. In terms of women, you may not like their face, but you're not gonna walk up and say it in person will you? If putting a wing on it no longer makes it a Sprint Car, what does it become then? If you don't think that "mass of ugly" is a real sprint car, you go strap in at Knoxville and see if you can hold the gas. The 305 weekly show at Knoxville is far better than dare I say it.....Kokomo .
You went outa the ballpark with that last line, and pitched a fuel tank. Ease off the Corn liquor.....BTW a Sprint Car with a wing on is a Winged Sprint Car. Jack Gunn had it right in 1967. He called them Super Sprints. Problem Solved
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #70 9/24/16 3:45 PM
Hey Rev, I knew Enslow as well was around his cars a lot. Was a good man. Don't remember a lot of wing racing but there was some. Those were the good old days for me