IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bullet8 (Offline)
  #61 9/1/12 4:23 PM
Yes, the Red Crush cars were cool, they had Roman numerals after the name as they were replaced. The Twister & Payola ("We pay to play") were Hank Arnold cars. Munchkin, The Green Machine (Sipes), Tamale Wagon & Orange Blossom Special are a few favorites.

Posted via Mobile Device
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #62 9/1/12 5:15 PM
The Gibson-Robbins car was a great looking car, sparkle light blue #2.

The Hector Honore Bardahl Special #2

The Weaver-Yemm sponsored #33 - Bright red, silver sparkle #33 Jerry Blundy.

I remember the red 01 of Bobby Layne in the late 70's early 80's. Really gave the big boys fits. Especially at Sedalia, Mo. Was really fast. I first saw him at the first Missouri Nationals at Sedalia. A Who's Who of drivers. Seems like I remember going to Bill Utz resturant.
ewj8 (Offline)
  #63 9/1/12 6:39 PM
dueces wild with the number 2 showing on dice
hawbuckgirl
  #64 8/7/13 1:16 AM
You are right Gene Henson is "The Flying Eyeball" he is my grandfather.

Posted via Mobile Device
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #65 8/7/13 6:45 AM
can't believe no one's mentioned opp's **** box #1 and **** box # 2 thus far/ they don't name cars anymore because they're disposable now, the frames get tweeked and they toss them and buy em another. guess I see why no-one bothered to mention these legendary cars, the cite won't allow us to mention the names this highly religious man gave to his cars, ha ha!

Posted via Mobile Device
DND (Offline)
  #66 8/7/13 9:03 AM
Posted via Mobile Device
DND (Offline)
  #67 8/7/13 9:10 AM
Originally Posted by Wallsracing:
Cars only kent christians car. With 1 downtube only..called frankenstein

Posted via Mobile Device
You might find it interesting to know that the Barrell nickname actually came from a car. Uncle Ron actually made a race car out of barrels.

Posted via Mobile Device
ShamrockRacin'48G (Offline)
  #68 8/7/13 9:13 AM
I always thought it was because his chest was like a barrel....as a youngster it looked like if he bear hugged somebody he could make their head pop off!!

Posted via Mobile Device
DND (Offline)
  #69 8/7/13 9:38 AM
Originally Posted by ShamrockRacin'48G:
I always thought it was because his chest was like a barrel....as a youngster it looked like if he bear hugged somebody he could make their head pop off!!

Posted via Mobile Device
A lot of people thought that.
bigvee (Offline)
  #70 8/7/13 6:20 PM
Walt Dyer's 461 The Brickmobile.