IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Old picture thread.
1/3/09, 6:17 PM   #61
Re: Old picture thread.
HurstBros0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch47265 View Post
Thats also the roadster Karl had & sold to Ember Link I do believe had a BIG BLOCK CHEVY ALSO:checkered::checkered::checkered:
If that`s the case then Troy Link can give you the complete documentation on it`s history . If you could get him to talk about it . ( :O: ) I think he sold it to a guy who was going to restore it .

The only Champ Car story Dad and Orville share is... Orville came up with an old speedway car and took the steering out of it. Dad went up around Nashville Indiana and picked up what was left of it . He traded the body to Jim Summers for a Dreyer midget body . He didn`t say where the midget body went.

1/3/09, 6:56 PM   #62
aceace

If this is the car I remember it was a blue #49 and the motor and driver set to the left about 6 inches. It was a good looking car but the guys driving, running it were lucky to make a feature in it. It was at Paragon almost every race in the mid 70's. I believe they went to Kokomo on Sundays. I don't remember seeing it at Haubstadt. I believe my Dad drove this car at Salem once for Karl. I might be wrong about that.

1/3/09, 7:35 PM   #63
HurstBros0

Troy won a feature at Lawrenceburg in the roadster in the very early eighties . The old track slicked off miserably and Troy at a fast idle in " That Ford " drove around the top of everybody.

Dan Hurst

1/3/09, 10:19 PM   #64
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstBros0 View Post
Troy won a feature at Lawrenceburg in the roadster in the very early eighties . The old track slicked off miserably and Troy at a fast idle in " That Ford " drove around the top of everybody.

Dan Hurst
Dan, I was the promotor back then. Troy didn't win in the roadster. It was an upright blue and silver #49 Ford powered sprint car. Also, when I had the track, Troy absolutely destroyed a very peculiar looking modified/sprinter on the back chute. I believe it was offset too but, not the roadster you guys are talking about. Ember did drive the roadster a few times when I had the track.

1/3/09, 11:30 PM   #65
HurstBros0

Gosh I swore it was his roadster .... well I`ve been wrong before ...:respect:

Dan Hurst

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Old picture thread.