IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-USAC 4/27
4/29/13, 9:46 PM   #61
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-USAC 4/27
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I've seen Jiggs do it at Gas City and Gerry Olson of all people do it at No Vernon but for sure its not usual track policy to hand cash back on a rainout. Remember if they make an exception for out of towners then they risk peeing off their regulars.
I agree. We are coming back for Midget Week so i'm not worried. My Dad won't be able to come with us but instead of trying to get his money back i will just bring the ticket along and sell it to somebody.

4/29/13, 9:56 PM   #62
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I'll give ya $5 Tim

1 member likes this post: Tim Watson
4/30/13, 3:15 PM   #63
ossuks

When John Stiles had the Speedrome his rain check policy was stellar: If the entire program was not complete your rain check was worth face value the rest of the year!!

When weather was threating the crowd did not diminish!!

Promoters that are in it for the long haul might want to think this through! What am I giving up one night vs what I might gain over several nights???

When JS took over the Speedrome it was ave about 450 fans a night, when he left it was ave about 1400 per night?

Have been to about 110 different tracks in the past and he was the only one that I am aware of that had a rain check policy like this, he was also the only promoter I have ever seen increase his front gate 315%!!

1 member likes this post: Xflagman
4/30/13, 4:02 PM   #64
BigD

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
In going to races for 40 years, I've never at any track got my money back same night and only at Eldora was I ever able to send my ticket for a refund. I think Track Enterprises does as well but those were either pre sold or events that didn't happen due to their fault. (Dust out)

Show me one instance? Not trying to bust chops, but check any racetracks page and it none of them do

Oh wait, I have once, Midget Week 2009 Union County and they still put on a show and paid what was advertised despite the sanction pulling out and half the cars leaving but it wasn't a rainout..
Last year my wife and I were at the Rainout at I-30 in Little Rock and I emailed them when I got home and explained to them I lived in Indiana and no way I could come back last year, and they told me to send my pit passes to them and they would send me a check. Top notch people the Clays are and they understood.

4/30/13, 4:29 PM   #65
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Last year my wife and I were at the Rainout at I-30 in Little Rock and I emailed them when I got home and explained to them I lived in Indiana and no way I could come back last year, and they told me to send my pit passes to them and they would send me a check. Top notch people the Clays are and they understood.
Interesting, we did the same thing and never heard from them. However we will probably go again this year.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
4/30/13, 4:37 PM   #66
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I'll give ya $5 Tim
$5 now and $20 the Thursday of the race?

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
4/30/13, 9:40 PM   #67
johnnythunderhead
Banned

eldora refunds $ to out of towners the night of the rain out, as does lernerville, attica, and any other tracks i've been rained out at away from a reasonable drive refunded my admission when I mailed them my rain check (call me lucky if you wish, cause i've been to mucho events amd l p s is the only place where i've haven't received a refund) i'm not used to this new format, where's the logo with the guy beating the dead horse????

Posted via Mobile Device

5/1/13, 8:50 AM   #68
kcarm92

heres my .02 cents, race track rain out policys should allow you to use your ticket anytime throughout the year, not just 2 weeks more than likely if your local track rains out you are not gonna take a chance on going to another track that might get rained out also if your only allowed to use raincheck for two weeks. know this is what we look at now before we take off to another track with fuel costs and everything else, so like saturday some people went home mad, but i would say with the small crowd that was there saturday, chance of rain, rainout policy, people just stayed home, and looked for updates. with money like it is now promotors need to be more pro-fan and rethink rain policys, no refunds but, dont try and hold people hostage so they will come back or lose their money. chances are they will just stay home.

2 members like this post: dkdorkboy, Steve Wendel
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-USAC 4/27