IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jonr (Offline)
  #61 5/28/11 8:56 AM
Originally Posted by AustinSprinter:
Anyone know who the 31st car was, that didn't take time/start??...thanks..........
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #62 5/28/11 9:40 AM
I thought it was interesting that Jim Childers,the POWRi midget announcer was doing the majority of the announcing last night at a USAC race.
STIDA.com (Offline)
  #63 5/28/11 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Jonr:
Hit the outside wall in turns 3-4. Front end damage.

116 of Mike Martin
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #64 5/28/11 10:53 AM
Jim Childers is the announcer for Track Enterprises and would NOT let Blake have hardly a word in. Ill leave my feelings towards Childers to myself but Blake handled it like a Pro and I commend him for that.

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #65 5/28/11 11:05 AM
I have been going to this race since 1977. Definitly one of the better ones I have seen.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #66 5/28/11 11:24 AM
First of all I am glad to see the Hoosier Hundred continue. The traditional 100 miles without a break is a change now to 51/49 format. We can either accept change or we can buck it all the way to our grave. I for one will reluctantly accept change in order to see silver crown racing on the mile dirt tracks continue. Dyno Don, sorry you missed the race but it certainly doesn't surprise me. Old geezer curfew eliminates you from the mix.

They had a decent crowd which in my opinion exceeded Superdukes prediction of 1/3 capacity. An entertaining show and one of the better ones that I have seen over the years.

I am not a huge fan of the modifieds but they certainly didn't detract from the evenings event. They only had 12 cars and they ran a 15 lap feature without a caution , so all in all nothing to complain about. With Bloomington and Gas City both cancelled due to weather, it was nice to have someplace else to go and watch racing.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
4 Likes: cowboyhar69, mowerman, team3521
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #67 5/28/11 11:35 AM
Great job Jerry, I am very proud of you as a racer and a dad.

Jerry #66j
stida.com
LittleRube (Offline)
  #68 5/28/11 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
First of all I am glad to see the Hoosier Hundred continue. The traditional 100 miles without a break is a change now to 51/49 format. We can either accept change or we can buck it all the way to our grave. I for one will reluctantly accept change in order to see silver crown racing on the mile dirt tracks continue. Dyno Don, sorry you missed the race but it certainly doesn't surprise me. Old geezer curfew eliminates you from the mix.

They had a decent crowd which in my opinion exceeded Superdukes prediction of 1/3 capacity. An entertaining show and one of the better ones that I have seen over the years.

I am not a huge fan of the modifieds but they certainly didn't detract from the evenings event. They only had 12 cars and they ran a 15 lap feature without a caution , so all in all nothing to complain about. With Bloomington and Gas City both cancelled due to weather, it was nice to have someplace else to go and watch racing.
Are you saying Dyno missed another race...see you tonight
Posted via Mobile Device
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #69 5/28/11 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by LittleRube:
Are you saying Dyno missed another race...see you tonight
Posted via Mobile Device
I know I don't stack up to the master (Checker'd Past) but yes I will be there for my 37th Little 500 out of the last 38.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #70 5/28/11 12:01 PM
And Bob it only took you ten minutes to recognize me haha

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com