IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #51 7/9/15 2:21 AM
Just to clarify a few things. I am perfectly happy with the way the rules are now. I am just trying to become uniformed across this great land of ours so if you want to get into this deal here in the south you can buy a car in New England/Midwest/Plains/Texas and be legal to race without ANY modifications or visa-versa...

The reason I put my e-mail wasn't for you not to post here but for myself and the other D-2 division officials/owners can put it all together and compare that shared data...I have received about 4 spread sheets on engines mods and several do's and don'ts. That is what I was looking for.

I trust races to give their honest opinion about what is good for the sport and help to curtail the cost along with more efficiency of engines and keep the series rules competitive. Thanks for all that has posted and all that will post....please try to keep a focus on the the task at hand..

Unlike most series I have put this on a public open forum to seek knowledge from your experience but please understand this is Division II racing and not ARDC/USAC/POWRi National midget racing where most have an unlimited budget. Not saying you can't come to race D-2 with an unlimited budget as long as you comply by the rules. We just are trying to keep said rules and racing affordable for a guy that is a welder/framer/hired farmer, even a part time college student or a lawn maintenance person. We all love to race and with the right rules package I want to make sure everyone gets the opportunity to.

Some do not care what it pays cause they are there for the trophy. But then some needs all they can get to help pay for their addiction that we all on here have. This is one of the thing I would like to see happen for all that take on the Division II rules is payout... A fair and balanced payout...this is my weekly payout for the SSMS:

1. 300
2. 175
3. 150
4. 150
5. 150
6. 150
7. 125
8. 125
9. 125
10. 125
11. 100
12. 100
13. 100
14. 100
15. 75
16. 75
17. 75
18. 75
19. or more...Complete restructure of purse with money $$$ added....
THIS IS A GUARANTEED PURSE!!!

As you see it is not top laden and I try to make sure everyone get at least a little portion of the the pie and not just a few.... we SSMS have a big show coming up in August 21-22 and payout

1st $400
2nd $300
3rd $250
4th $225
5th $200
6th $190
7th $180
8th $170
9th $160
10th $150
11th $145
12th $140
13th $135
14th $130
15th $125
16th $125
17th $125
18th $125
19th $125
20th $125

With 19 or more there will be a min. of $600 more dollars added and we will pay $500 to win but the rest will go to the middle and back. I fill with this concept it will do 2 things....keep the super teams away and allow other racers to afford to come race

So again please share your thoughts and opinions but try, I really would like you to try not to post negativeness toward anyone or any post...probably on that but I tryed ... for you the racer

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

DAD (Offline)
  #52 7/9/15 9:30 AM
Wayne

I think what you see on IOW is what we call the Clark Gable's syndrome, "Frankly My Dear>>I don't Give a Damnd". When you and I were debating it was fun, but with you as moderator there is frankly no one else out there with any passion for the subject. The D II division will work and should succeed beyond expectations. Like I said what any successful group needs is a "Benevolent Dictator" at the helm, and you my friend certainly meet that description.

Racers are a strange breed. Hobby Racers are even stranger. They say it is all about the money but at the end of the day they rear up more equipment in a trophy dash then the do in the feature. Perhaps take note of the vintage racers they all race for the same money. I remember one race a long long time ago we were racing with another of them Dictator type organizers.. He got us a race at Skyline Speedway right on the boarder of Ohio and West Virginia. It was quite a hall for all of us. This was perhaps one of the nicest tracks that we had ever raced on>>lots of bank> smooth>and wide just a beautiful race track. Well only about 12 or so of us made the haul. He took the purse divided it by 12 and payed us all the same thing. I did not hear the first peep of a complainant from anybody. We all came to race and it cost us more than usual. We went out and raced as hard as we ever did and had a great time.

If anybody has any useful info to add to the discussion I would love to get back on and have a discussion with them, but if it is only going to be a few more cat callers I will be content to just sit and read.

Like your new found Hero you are you are "The Chairman" Keep up the good work.

Honest Dad himself