IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #51 6/19/10 1:02 PM
Going through Brown County last night/early this morning was a trip. Could barely see the road.

Rain, wind, thunder, lightning, and even some fog. Other than that, it was no big deal.

Good luck to the 'burg and Kokomo.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
v8j (Offline)
  #52 6/22/10 8:44 PM
last night was bad over 3.85" of rain lots of flooding in central IN hope thing dry out for weekend but they say rain to night
Al Pierce (Offline)
  #53 6/22/10 9:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst:
I know one thing..many promoters are getting killed by the weather, and are NOT ok. I think I will sit this and future outdoor seasons OUT.
Rough year so far for fans AND promoters. By my count in the period 23April to 13 June (8 weekends) one or more Indiana tracks were rained out in 7 of the 8 weekends and on the one weekend (27-30 May)
with no cancellations both Terre Haute and TSS were weather affected.
However, we've been treated to some really good racin' when they ran.
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #54 6/22/10 10:47 PM
A little over 4 inches here in Springfield between 2:30 AM or so Monday through Noon or so Tuesday. Luckily, I don't think there was much damage. I don't even think I am going to get my usual thunderstorm wakeup in the wee hours of the morning. I really feel for the newspaper deliverers. When we woke up to a hard thunderstorm Monday they were just delivering our paper. If you have a newspaper delivered, think of those poor people. Talk about neither wind nor rain nor.....

Frank Daigh
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #55 6/23/10 10:35 PM
Went by Cabela's last Sat in Dundee MI it had part of the roof ripped off by a Tornado. The Hotel near by had 1/3 to 1/2 the bricks ripped off the side & other damage. Now their getting hit again. Wife was talking to our son and the Tornado Siren went off where he lives. So he's in the basement now. He's in Dearborn area. Saying my prayers.
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #56 6/24/10 1:10 AM
Just drove in from the All Star show at Waynesfield. Some real nasty stuff on the way home. Extremely windy and a lot of lightning and heavy rain. We certainly don't need anymore here. Glad to be home safe and sound.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
v8j (Offline)
  #57 6/24/10 10:08 PM
wow no rain in 24 hours but almost 9"above avg in rain fall
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #58 6/27/10 11:14 AM
Here we go again, Kokomo right in the path. Going up to Bloomington Fri I noticed several fields still with temporary lakes in them and it hadn't rained hard since tuesday.

The Convection in the clouds around CIncy is going nuts, Front moving in later this evening and earlier the further west and north you live. Be safe !

Charles Nungester
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #59 6/27/10 1:11 PM
Very Hard rain here for about ten min. slowed down a little bit. I just got the garden halfway dried out, can not take much more before the rot begins.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer:
Very Hard rain here for about ten min. slowed down a little bit. I just got the garden halfway dried out, can not take much more before the rot begins.

Jerry #66j
stida.com
Rain has stopped.
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #60 6/28/10 2:09 AM
2:am and we have a light rain no wind or lightning just more rain. Makes you wonder how people survived back in the day when they depended on there gardens to eat. We grow as much as possible and can everything we grow, much more and things may be a little light this winter. I hope everyone up north is OK as the storms showed no mercy on them.

Jerry #66j
stida.com