IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Nut'n but Dirt (Offline)
  #51 9/6/22 11:54 AM
I wish the racetracks would just run races, and forget fireworks. I for one are not a fan of fireworks anyway, and I'm not there for that.
28 Likes: 2fast4u, addictedtodirt, Al Pierce, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, Daisy's dad, Dale, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, jdull99, oppweld, PAW, PIT CART, racefan20, racenut69, RACrappieman, ronmil, Rpracing1, Speedmax3, Speedwrench, Sprints fan 11, tirespinner, tj39, TommyTipover, TQ29m
foytfan (Offline)
  #52 9/6/22 7:49 PM
I can’t believe with all the race tracks that are closing that anybody would be complaining about too many cars at a track. Y’all understand that’s what keeps the tracks open. No race cars no track!
brown11b (Offline)
  #53 9/6/22 10:04 PM
I dont think anyone is complaining about too many cars. High car counts is great. Running way too many classes in one night is a problem.
17 Likes: addictedtodirt, Aurora78, Bill Angel, Chief Wahoo, cmiracingvids, Dale, Ilovedirttrackracing, OnTheHammer, oppweld, PAW, PIT CART, racenut69, ronmil, Rpracing1, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, wildman92
foytfan (Offline)
  #54 9/7/22 6:59 AM
Cars are cars would they complain if 100 sprint cars showed up?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #55 9/7/22 8:29 AM
Originally Posted by foytfan:
I've been to a couple of them. They started at five and were done before eleven. Sprintaculars at Eldora. One was over before ten.

Charles Nungester
mandgracing96 (Offline)
  #56 9/7/22 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by foytfan:
No they wouldnt complain. Because they would start earlier and finish before curfew or at a reasonable time. And wouldnt stop the show for fireworks. Theyd be afterwards.
3 Likes: Dale, oppweld, PIT CART
foytfan (Offline)
  #57 9/7/22 7:22 PM
So it was the type of cars that people didn’t like?
20 cars per class @ 5 classes is 100 cars but that was bad? But 100 sprint cars is good. Makes sense. Car count didn’t cause the lights to go out. And I’m pretty sure most of the one complaining knew there was fireworks that night. Was it a long night sure but was you at a track?
2 Likes: Dirtfan, progressive22
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #58 9/7/22 9:08 PM
Hey FF….... You are missing the point.

Don’t do fireworks in the middle of your premiere event of the year. Do them after your premier class runs their main event.

Folks that want to see fireworks can stay and see them if they choose. Fans that are just there for the premier class, can leave after and not worry about fireworks. You don’t take that risk of lights not coming back on prior to Featured Event or do them off to the side where lights do not have to be shut down. I’ve seen too many events where track lights don’t come back up after being shut off then you have to deal with unhappy customers.

And Five Classes of different cars is too many for the night that you want to put your best show of the year on for the novice or veteran race fan.

I saw many many families leave early that night, and chances are high that they probably will not return as they are not your seasoned race fans, but a Let’s Go Check This out and see what it is like, Novice spectator. When they need to exit due to the lateness of the hour and they did not get to see the featured attraction, well that is not a good taste left in their mouths. And with the state of Race facilities currently, No promoter/track operator/owner can afford to be losing fans.

You have not mentioned, but were you in attendance? Asking for a Friend.
15 Likes: captrat, Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, fish, Hustlin-Hoosier, itsanonwingthing, JordanBlanton, mc/rider, oldfan49, OnTheHammer, oppweld, PIT CART, racenut69, Steve Wendel, tirespinner
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #59 9/8/22 8:47 AM

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, racefan20
mc/rider (Offline)
  #60 9/8/22 4:23 PM
Im going to keep going back {hope fully for the next several years} just to see if they get it right

When in doubt Gas It
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, PIT CART, racenut69, tirespinner