IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Hulman Classic Friday June 21st
6/22/13, 9:29 AM   #51
Re: Tony Hulman Classic Friday June 21st
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
So much for weather.com....0 percent chance of rain!!!
If that was ZERO percent, I'd hate too see what 100 percent looked like! Terre Haute would be washed down the river.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69
6/22/13, 9:37 AM   #52
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Last night was definitely bizarre. It's too bad Mother Nature is leading the points standings at most tracks. 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 members like this post: billwill7, cowboyhar69, racephoto1
6/22/13, 9:55 AM   #53
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I already had plans to go to the Indy Indians game when this was rescheduled so I couldn't make it. I looked at the radar and saw all that rain coming. None of it ever arrived. Never saw one drop of rain at the game. That's why you can't trust that stuff...or forecasts either.

It only matters if it rains on that small circle. Unfortunatly, that didn't work out last night.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/22/13, 10:04 AM   #54
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Same as the rest of the state. Eastern Time.
http://www.in.gov/visitindiana/about...na/time-zones/

6/22/13, 10:29 AM   #55
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Think the Derecho that didn't get any of the Midget week shows seeked revenge on us

6/22/13, 1:04 PM   #56
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I've never seen it rain so hard for so long! Just as I thought it was letting up, it reversed direction, and started blowing from the direction of the first turn. I stayed in the grandstand for quite sometime visiting with friends and talking with former sprint car racer Larry Goad. It was an interesting evening, but disappointing. The only storm I can remember experiencing at the Action Track that was anywhere near as intense, was during a midget race in 1974 during the fair, but it was nothing compared to what happened last night. I believe I've experienced more sudden weather events at Terre Haute than any other track. It seems the corridor of Indiana from near Putnamville down through Terre Haute is one of the most active in Indiana. The rain did extend to the south to down near Vincennes, but I don't believe it was near as intense. I didn't leave the track until 8:00 (my time), so by that time the rain was down to mostly heavy mist.

6/22/13, 4:07 PM   #57
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanonwingthing View Post
If that was ZERO percent, I'd hate too see what 100 percent looked like! Terre Haute would be washed down the river.
Leaving the track, I tried to take 63 down to Graysville to get back to Illinois, but had to turn around south of Prairie Creek due to alot of water flowing over the road.

6/22/13, 4:11 PM   #58
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Its happening again right now, Looking at a National Radar it just looks like a line thats boiling mostly sitting over the area. Theres stuff all over but thats the only line of storms.

Oh and if it as a 100% chance of rain, They'd of cancelled in the morning and the track would never have gotten a drop of rain.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/22/13 at 4:16 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Hulman Classic Friday June 21st