Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Swindell
1/9/08, 7:08 PM   #51
Re: Kevin Swindell
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailtank View Post
I wonder how bad this world would be if there were message boards back in the day when Foyt, Andretti, Kinser and Darland first started out? Those guys wouldn't have had a chance either........:kookoo2:
Skip darland here but if those guys got upside down the amount of times Kevin has, Quite simply, They wouldn't be here. No helmet, A leather strap for belts and no cage.

Sorry Tail Tank, Your totally wrong and must be on Sammys Payroll

1/9/08, 8:45 PM   #52
tailtank

Not quite..........

The kid is 19, do you know how DD was at 19? probably not. I'm sure he had his enemies back then as well. I'm sure all the biggies had their defactors back then. They just didn't have the internet to run their mouths like some do here.

Like Hawker said if your going to bash somebody, at least be fair about it.

The kid says something at one race that people get upset about and they let it keep digging a burr in their butts. He wasn't the first and will not be the last. Get over it.:doh:

1/9/08, 9:05 PM   #53
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

I know Bill has "given" all of us this board for racing info, schedules, results and a host of other agendas, for which I am for one enternally THANKFUL, but IMHO have we acquired some wanged posters from another unamed website?:action-smiley-049:

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1/9/08, 9:05 PM   #54
Rex W.

Man this is good stuff. I wanna post something but i will keep it to myself.

O hell " but IMHO have we acquired some wanged posters from another unamed website?"
Whats wrong with that?

1/9/08, 9:11 PM   #55
Dirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex W. View Post
Man this is good stuff. I wanna post something but i will keep it to myself.

O hell " but IMHO have we acquired some wanged posters from another unamed website?"
Whats wrong with that?
Come on let it out!! Man I thought it was still too cold to go fishing but by golly I have hooked one

1/9/08, 9:13 PM   #56
Rex W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Come on let it out!! Man I thought it was still too cold to go fishing but by golly I have hooked one
Sorry bud but u havn't hook ****

1/9/08, 9:17 PM   #57
Dirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex W. View Post
Sorry bud but u havn't hook ****
AHA, used your utility belt didn't you

1/9/08, 9:47 PM   #58
hosstalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailtank View Post
Not quite..........

The kid is 19, do you know how DD was at 19? probably not. I'm sure he had his enemies back then as well. I'm sure all the biggies had their defactors back then. They just didn't have the internet to run their mouths like some do here..:doh:
I recall this kid Darland in a yellow 36d in the middle 80s. It's the first I remember of him. Quiet, intense and well respected. His dad Bob was right there making sure he stayed that way too.

"Darlands Garage" bought the big two row tire rack open trailer. The pickup truck was function over form. They graced and raced prestigious places like Warsaw Speedway. He won a Hurryin Hoosiers race from the back one night. The press release made a point to notice the usually calm and reserved driver's 'enthusiastic crowd pleasing win'.

Kevin CAN'T grow up that way. It's a different world. Different family. Different philosophy-for sure. Kevin's laying the foundation of a career, and he is the one in control of it's destiny. Just like 'DD' years ago.

Dave got into the top shelf rides because even they couldn't afford bent equipment back then. Car owners knew he took care of his stuff-and had beaten them with it.

Today the money in the sport has allowed more leeway for bent stuff. The racecar doesn't have to pay for itself, or even try to anymore. That is a big difference. Having the spare car, or parts to put it back together is a huge factor in how hard Swindell runs the cars. But the money says he can-so he can.

I'd like to see Swindell be successful in racing. He can put together good laps at the oddest times and run well. He'll stick around, even if he bounces around some this year or next.

The fact everyone knows is that he won't be successful until he consistently competes clean and hard and finishes up front. Until then, he moves everyone else up a spot.

Sorry for the ramble...

1/9/08, 9:58 PM   #59
Joe Kidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
You aint much of a fisherman then. It's never to cold to go fishing. I just got my limit of crappies and a couple of walleyes today at Mississinawa.

1/9/08, 10:02 PM   #60
Dirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kidd View Post
You aint much of a fisherman then. It's never to cold to go fishing. I just got my limit of crappies and a couple of walleyes today at Mississinawa.
Depends maybe on what one is fishing for:idea:

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Swindell