IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?
7/14/09, 11:27 AM   #51
Re: Bp?
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

[QUOTE=So how much talent does it take to run indy?? And this is not a attack on bill sr.!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

A hell of a lot back in the day. That pretty much explains why your starts sit at 0.

7/14/09, 11:44 AM   #52
throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
From looking through old USAC Yearbooks, you apparently didn't "show up" to many back in the day, either :2:
morty always there with the great one-liners.....

also........Duke...is your !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! button stuck??
Last edited by throb; 7/14/09 at 12:02 PM.

7/14/09, 12:10 PM   #53
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post

whats that got to do with my question? I did what i wanted to do and when i drove a good car i run up front with the best sprint car drivers in my time!!!!!!!!!!! So kiss my
In looking at Duke's career finishes, 'running up front' meant racing the leader to prevent getting lapped.

7/14/09, 12:24 PM   #54
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelkt View Post
a hell of a lot back in the day. That pretty much explains why your starts sit at 0.
your right! Like salt wathers never made a usac sprint car feature!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Denny zimmerman jerry karl eldon rasmussen john mahler janet & lynn bill simpson do you think just because you make indy your a great driver? Tell guys like rollie beale billy casella scrath daniels chuck gurney charley masters tommy astone tell them that there zero's cause the did not get a chance at indy!!!!!!! So you can kiss my You stupid jerk!

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthehammer View Post
in looking at duke's career finishes, 'running up front' meant racing the leader to prevent getting lapped.
well i was in the feature where was you? Cleaning a *********?

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Well i ask where was bp during isw and these ******** are now telling how bad i was If ******* could fly this site would be a airport!!!!!!!!!!! Try sticking to the post i know its hard for most here!!!!!!!! Like its a spelling bee! I don't dislike bp just having fun! And you jerks jump in with both feet! It shows how stupid some of you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/14/09, 12:44 PM   #55
Kirk Spridgeon

USAC Sprint Car races on dirt pay $5,000 to win, Billy.

I respect Billy for doing what he needs to do, and what I love about sprint cars is that a guy on a budget can be so tough, even against guys who are spending a lot.

With that said, what has always made Sprintweek so great is watching every sprint car guy, with their best stuff ready, all doing battle. Yes, Billy has out-raced some great guys every Friday, and especially every Sunday, but it's a different mentality going into a Sprintweek race. It's like a playoff game. In my mind, it's a different test than a local race - there's no starting on the front of a heat and making the re-draw or coming out in the last qualifying group at Kokomo to start up front. You've got to lay down a good lap, all by yourself, and then claw through a stacked heat race just to get a chance to square off at the end of the night.

The thing that immediately comes to my mind - at the end of the year, I have to put together a list of the top Sprint Car drivers in the country for the NSCHoF poll. Sprintweek is a huge barometer for that, simply because it puts everybody on the same table in their normal rides. When can Billy P. or another local guy race against Levi in the TSR car, or Jerry in the Hoffman car. You know Dave Darland and Benic are coming out with their best, even if it took testing a tuning a little in some local shows. That may not have shown all that well, but that's how it is...

I missed seeing Billy race, but I'll be back at Kokomo on Sunday, so I'm sure I'll run into him again...

3 members like this post: billwill7, FishBurger, Seadog
7/14/09, 2:06 PM   #56
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
If ******* could fly this site would be a airport!!!!!!!!!!!
And you'd be the greatest pilot ever.

1 member likes this post: awnunn
7/14/09, 2:18 PM   #57
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj wright View Post
and you'd be the greatest pilot ever.
it would be superpilot!!!!!

7/14/09, 2:35 PM   #58
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
And you'd be the greatest pilot ever.
Now thats funny!!!!!!

7/14/09, 2:58 PM   #59
MRmcgillicutty

The real shame is that there are no owners out there willing to put billy mumphrey in their car. The 11d comes to mind.

7/14/09, 3:03 PM   #60
zeroracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
A hell of a lot back in the day. That pretty much explains why your starts sit at 0.
This makes me chuckle... almost as much as superdud does! I love this site, its the cheapest form of entertainment EVER!

I would say if you want to get into a battle of stats and talent comparison Duke, you might wana stay on the porch if its between you and KT....
Last edited by zeroracer; 7/14/09 at 3:05 PM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?