IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
rockstar5 (Offline)
  #41 5/25/14 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by KR_17:
Hey rockstar5 how about the two times cottle dumped him and the second time was after he just passed him clean after he had already spun him once, the kid was racing hard like the rest of the top guys out there and wanted to make the most of the opportunity that bob had givin him, and much as passing in lapped traffic was a factor you had to go for it somtimes and other guys were doing the same thing.
I'm not sure why Cottle dumped him. I can understand using the move over flag to advance your position once but when you do it for 5 or 6 laps it's time to get out of the way. I have to give it to AP for not just junking the kid, he should have but I guess if using the move over flag to pass is considered one of the top guys I'm wrong for what I said. The kid drove dirty all night. I understand he had an awesome opportunity but when you go beating your way through the field in a field like that you will loose opportunities. These guys don't forget. Like I said I have seen this kid run for years and I know he is a good shoe but he stunk up the show last night. If Bobby was in that car last night it would have been a threat to win, that thing was bad fast but what I'm getting from what you said is Cottle dumped him and he was in a house car so it's ok to drive that way lol. So wrong my friend, these guys don't forget, you'll spend a lot of time in the fence.
Honest-Sam (Offline)
  #42 5/26/14 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Kinser11:
.....And People wonder why Eric Gordon Dominated this race.....
With 5 different cars for wins.....
2 Likes: dustbowl, fish
short track scott (Offline)
  #43 5/26/14 3:03 PM
Kyle simply was trying to use space currently occupied by his fellow competitors. It happens in this race. I do believe he abused some people and to be honest I heard one top six finisher say that he has enough respect for Bob East to not tear up his racecar. I would, however, advise Hamilton to bring some extra parts to the Fort Wayne indoor race in December.
Geoff Kaiser (Offline)
  #44 5/26/14 3:18 PM
Damn 5 pages of this and I did'nt even get 1 mention. Oh well keep flying under the radar I guess...
8 Likes: 2fast4u, Bostonian, cmakin, fish, luckybuc97, mod4s, rockstar5, Tony74
snoopy (Offline)
  #45 5/26/14 3:49 PM
Was just getting ready, Geoff.
I always assumed lapped cars, push trucks, and yes contact between cars was part of this race. Rather than trash guys a little positive should come in here someplace. Being from northern Indiana I'll give a big thumbs up for Kaiser, Nuenswander, and Fuller. All of the 64, 10 & 9 crews congrats for a fine night.:8
2 Likes: fish, speed bump
INDYNAFOLIS 500 (Offline)
  #46 5/26/14 4:52 PM
What was wrong with the driver?
Honest-Sam (Offline)
  #47 5/26/14 7:17 PM
Originally Posted by Geoff Kaiser:
Damn 5 pages of this and I did'nt even get 1 mention. Oh well keep flying under the radar I guess...
When you're right, you're right...... Should've gotten some props for 4th.
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #48 5/26/14 8:22 PM
Originally Posted by Geoff Kaiser:
I gave you a shout out 24 posts ago Geoff. Nice consistent run all night and a top 5 to show for it. Congrats.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Tom Brewer (Offline)
  #49 5/27/14 6:41 AM
I saw that there is supposed to be an award for "Most Improved". Is that for improvement from starting position? If so, it should go to Kaiser and the Speed Chasers car. They moved up 20 spots, more than anyone else. Can't find anything about who got it on the Anderson Speedway web site.
767 (Offline)
  #50 5/27/14 7:43 AM
Another fun little 500. Attendance was up for sure. Lot of fun. Congrats to Wilson on the win. Awsome job. Rookie of the year Jerry Coons did an aawsome job keeping the car in 1 piece. Slam of the night goes to Windom. That was awsome! Kiser wins the night stalker award. I garuntee you most people did not realize how great of a run he had. People can complain about hamilton all they want, but I have seen that 5 car run like a bull in a china shop SEVERAL times before. BC's run was amazing. Most other contenders would have parked it early after getting tangled. Can not wait fr next year.
3 Likes: 99J, fish, speed bump