IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
wbr (Offline)
  #41 7/21/08 2:09 PM
Originally Posted by 767:
keep an eye on the wed. night race from anderson. It should be a good preview of who is going to be there. I am hearing maybe at many as 40 midgets wed. night. There will be a full field, there are enough kenyons and focus midgets around that have never seen a $1000 pay day. The name that keps poping up is dave steel. ANyone herd weather or not he has a ride?
Form the midget 400 entry form: Type of Cars: Only normal, upright Midget car bodies will be allowed. USAC Ford Focus midgets are permitted. Kenyon midgets are not
permitted.:crying:

IF we could get our kenyon midget qualified it would probably have an advantage, at least in fuel economy- 10 green flag laps to the gallon. I understand why they aren't allowed like they were at the speedrome 500 lapper, didn't one of the Beach boys win it in a kenyon?:checkered:
Shawn (Offline)
  #42 7/21/08 3:34 PM
The Beach Boys tag teamed to win that event, I'm pretty sure. Actually, they dominated the thing. Oh, yes, it was in their Kenyon Car...
767 (Offline)
  #43 7/21/08 3:34 PM
yes he did. i missed the kenyon part. as long as you put the maditory pit stops in there I don't see what the big deal is. the automatic starters is the biggest advantage i think. so many people get laps down when they spin. to bad the 07 won't be there, he had a real good run going in the 500
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #44 7/22/08 9:48 AM
The Anderson Herald-Bulletin had an article today listing the early entries for the 400 this Saturday. A similar article on the speedway website also appeared. Here they are.

Tracy Hines
Dakoda Armstrong
Bobby East
Joe Ligouri
Alison MacLeod
Eric Gordon

I will try to get more infomation later today.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
767 (Offline)
  #45 7/22/08 10:02 AM
I wonder who gordon is driveing for? here is the link to the article, with a picture of gordon testing on Monday.

http://www.andersonspeedway.com/08_n...00_entries.htm
wbr (Offline)
  #46 7/22/08 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by 767:
to bad the 07 won't be there, he had a real good run going in the 500
thanks for saying that, we sure wish he could have made it further than lap 49. We are happy for Shane Cottle winning though.

I wonder who gordon is driveing for?
I believe it is a joint effort comprised of his little 500 team and owners as well as Eric.
Honest-Sam (Offline)
  #47 7/22/08 10:39 AM
Eric will be driving for Bob Parker, with a little help from Mike Bowman and Banjo.
wbr (Offline)
  #48 7/22/08 10:44 AM
:applaud::applaud::applaud:
Seadog (Offline)
  #49 7/22/08 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam:
Eric will be driving for Bob Parker, with a little help from Mike Bowman and Banjo.
You put Eric in any car at Anderson and he has a good shot at winning IMO.
767 (Offline)
  #50 7/22/08 2:53 PM
so who do you think will make the trip from indy to watch? no race at eldora, and Hines will be raceing, would be easy to think stewart might make the trip.