IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mr nobody (Offline)
  #41 9/8/13 4:25 PM
Also, here is the link to Knoxville's Schedule: http://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Schedule.aspx I see their next event is Monster Jam on September 20/21. How dare they have that instead of a Silver Crown race that day. Oh wait Eldora has a Silver Crown race that day. Hmm, can't race two places at once. Also, the endure they ran wasn't just a recent thing. That event is in it's 28th year. Lets see 2013-28 = 1985. I guess the Silver Crown series has been faltering since 1985 according to the experts" around here since Knoxville wouldn't dump their endure and run a Crown series race.
wabashiki (Offline)
  #42 9/8/13 4:32 PM
Originally Posted by ossuks:
Great start, I will list a few that I can recall, and some #,s that may need some fill in the blanks:
2 Vance
3 fike
4 contos
6 Klatt
9 east
10 tsr
11 Snyder/foyt
14 Beechler/owner?
15(125) beach
16 lightfoot
17 rw
18 conroy
20 Nolan
22 tsr
23 6r
29 keading
3n1 mataka
32 kazman
33 drinan
37 Indiana underground
50 aviator car
51 gamester
55 bateman
53 fox bros
56 fox
63 Hampshire
66 Gary Hieber
67 zaraniun
69 Hoffman
77 urish/owner?
90 sharon banks
92 hoerner
98 santos
99 seals it
199 santuchi/edwards sp. real bad on this one also had #35 and a 3rd car
I'm in a hurry at the moment, and I will be able to put names with faces as soon as I shut down cp....sorry... just getting old!!
#65 Owner Craig Burghardt
#65 Last Owner Chuck Hartenstine
#71 Owner Tobin Whitt
Jonr (Offline)
  #43 9/8/13 4:42 PM
Originally Posted by mr nobody:
...... Also, the endure they ran wasn't just a recent thing. That event is in it's 28th year. Lets see 2013-28 = 1985. I guess the Silver Crown series has been faltering since 1985 according to the experts" around here since Knoxville wouldn't dump their endure and run a Crown series race.
The point is that promoters make more money scheduling other classes than SC races. The reason that I comment on this thread is because I get tired of all of the conspiracy theories. SC is dying because of USAC. SC is dying because of the rule changes. SC could do great if we got new tracks. SC could do better with "outlaw" shows. However, this is not the truth. The truth is that outside of the die hard fans. There is not a lot of demand for SC races. Promoters would rather run endures, monster jams, or late model shows than SC races. All promoters want shows that are reasonably profitable. All promoters want to minimize the risk of losing money. SC shows fail on both of these.

If you want me to quit commenting on this topic, quit having topics that are not based on reality.

4 Likes: EPSpeed, fish, Koonzee, Vukie
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #44 9/8/13 5:17 PM
Originally Posted by sprntr:
Knoxville had an Enduro last night

Some of the Sprinters showed up at Cedar Lake (WI) for the Jerry Richert Memorial.

steiny
A lot of the Knoxville clientele go to the regular Knoxville show every Saturday night from April/May to the Nationals. When the Nationals are over a lot of them are finished for the year. In the Knoxville non-winged days after the Nationals, you would have 2-3 weeks of State Fair shows, some big county fairs, the Cheaters Day, then head out west to Manzanita and the Pacific Coast Race.
mr nobody (Offline)
  #45 9/8/13 6:17 PM
Originally Posted by Jonr:
The point is that promoters make more money scheduling other classes than SC races. The reason that I comment on this thread is because I get tired of all of the conspiracy theories. SC is dying because of USAC. SC is dying because of the rule changes. SC could do great if we got new tracks. SC could do better with "outlaw" shows. However, this is not the truth. The truth is that outside of the die hard fans. There is not a lot of demand for SC races. Promoters would rather run endures, monster jams, or late model shows than SC races. All promoters want shows that are reasonably profitable. All promoters want to minimize the risk of losing money. SC shows fail on both of these.

If you want me to quit commenting on this topic, quit having topics that are not based on reality.

Those are the first three things I have seen you post that are actually truthful. Thank you for posting something relevant to the actual reality at hand and not one viewed through rose colored beer goggles.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #46 9/8/13 6:39 PM
I think a big part of the problem is a thread like this. I was at Springfield and even though there wasn't a lot of cars, it was a good race. I was unable to go to Duquoin, but from all accounts the on track action was good. Then 2 weeks later a disgruntled ex employee wants to sacrifice the teams and promoter to take shots at his former employer. Does any one think one word of this thread will help in any way? The best way to help this series is to buy a ticket. The more people in the stands, the more tracks that will want shows. The more shows, the more teams and sponsors that will want to be involved. Finger pointing and name calling will do nothing. See anyone who cares at Eldora.
13 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, erich45, groove grabber, IndyBound, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, opnwhlmnd, racephoto1, racing2bwithu2, ronmil, ROSS, Task Force, Unlucky#9
Quick Change (Offline)
  #47 9/8/13 6:52 PM
I enjoyed the Champ Dirt car races at Knoxville but attendance was not good.
Smeents (Offline)
  #48 9/8/13 7:09 PM
How about starting a post for Silver Crown car owners only asking this simple question...

Silver Crown owners - what would it take to get your car out of the garage and into the pit area?

Realistic answers only

And then someone take those answers and do something about it. Want to try another PRA type series - try it, but good luck. As with what has happened in other series, you will get scheduled against intentionally. It doesn't help anyone or any series to sit on here and complain about what everyone has done wrong. Yep, a lot of mistakes were made, but as a car owner you have to decide...do you want to keep sitting out until your series is completely gone or do you want to suck it up and try to fix it before it's too late. I don't own a car, but I have ran a racing series and promoted races. Wouldn't mind owning a car but not to run 6-7 races, really can't justify that...and I think others feel the same. And as a promoter you can't justify scheduling a race for 12-18 cars showing up an have to pay out a $40K plus purse.
11 Likes: 2fast4u, Andrew S. Quinn, BrentTFunk, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, mowerman, Mud Packer, ossuks, racephoto1, sprint96, Vukie
fish (Offline)
  #49 9/8/13 8:39 PM
Originally Posted by Jonr:

I feel the exact same way you do on this subject.

Not to start a war with racephoto1, but the way you constantly slam USAC, if I was an official the only way you'd gain entrance to a USAC event is with a paid ticket.

Jim Fisher

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, JohnnyRay, racephoto1
groove grabber (Offline)
  #50 9/8/13 9:49 PM
This all comes back to the chicken or the egg. Jonr and fish, you make logical points but it has got to that through poor decisions,rule changes poor track prep etc we arent making a point on why crown should stay under existing conditions, our argument is that it can work under good promotion, more owners happy= more cars = more top driver opportunity= more fans= more sponsors= more purse= more excitement = new owners and new fans. You can pick this apart if you want, not saying its perfect but there is a product here if someone can build it, these cars have the ability to race but they need a full field to add to less spread out, more risk for reward and lap traffic to make a race out of it , give me one season of miles with 35 starters each race and even you would be a fan
5 Likes: K-Dawg30, Mud Packer, OTSNWR, Smeents, Task Force