IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #41 4/2/23 2:00 PM
All of this and still no answer on the beer in my cooler 😂😂😂
2 Likes: DirtTrackTherapy16J, tirespinner
racefan20 (Offline)
  #42 4/2/23 2:42 PM
Because you are asking people who dont know either.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, captrat, flagboy55, PIT CART, tirespinner, TQ29m
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #43 4/2/23 2:55 PM
This thread is a perfect example of why no one wants to promote a race track. As my late buddy Don used to say, you couldn't pay me to have one. I haven't taken in a cooler to a track, except the infield at Indy in 10 to 15 years. Have still managed to drink plenty of beer, and haven't starved to death either.
12 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, Bill Angel, cowboyhar69, Dirtfan, erich45, jdull99, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, racefan20, tirespinner, TQ29m
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #44 4/2/23 4:45 PM
This thread is comical but sad in a sense. We all know the powers to be see this crap and know what’s being discussed. This thread has been rolling since Thursday and it isn’t that hard to simply address the question asked. THAT made a post on Twitter about the coolers being back in the infield so I responded with the beer question. Guess what, crickets. You can’t tell me that someone connected doesn’t know this is out there. Whether it is Bill Rose or his clan, the fair board or USAC they all know the question being asked and why no response? Poor Mike is getting $hit for asking a question, i’d like to know as well. Do we need a little xtra for beer or something ridiculous? Am I running outside because the promo wants to gouge me when a case of beer here in east central Indiana is $19-23. In this time everyone is watching every nickel and that includes us the fan. The gas alone anymore is pricey and in my case i am driving from the east side to the west side. Buying beers here are not the issue so let’s get that out there. I don’t want to here from the morons if you can’t afford it you don’t need to be drinking crowd because that’s not the issue here.
3 Likes: DirtTrackTherapy16J, flagboy55, luckybuc97
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #45 4/2/23 5:32 PM
I’m willing to bet we’re taking this way more seriously than the powers that be. People are always going to talk, doesn’t matter what it is. Either way it’s not going to affect my attendance. If I was the track promoter I might be sitting back with a beer chuckling about the banter here. Maybe they are because it’s really a simple question
3 Likes: DirtTrackTherapy16J, jdull99, luckybuc97
jdull99 (Offline)
  #46 4/3/23 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by RacingFan52:
The $1 water sounds good but if the track has a contract with Coca Cola or Pepsi, they probably have to sell the bottler's water, and the bottlers charge the same for their branded water like "Aquafina" as they do for the soft drinks. So in this case, the track is not making a killing.
Mega Dittos on this one! Yep, that is most likely how it works. Along the same line as how many businesses that sell beer (at least) are paying more for a case than a person could go to Costco or the such and buy a case themselves.

I walked into a restaurant the other night, and they blatantly (*) had it posted that you could not bring in your own food...I can't believe people would ever think they could, but I guess I'm not surprised (so it's not just IoW...). * Not the first type of sign like that I ever noticed, but this was displayed as thought it was an issue...

Again, ideally it will work for cost effective pricing (reasonable priced Busch Lights have turned into a big thing in places I attend), and I'm one of the cheapest guys in the world; but I just can not believe bringing beverages in is even an option...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
revjimk (Offline)
  #47 4/3/23 1:04 AM
Is there anybody here who would NOT go if you couldn't bring in your own beer?????
3 Likes: bighd0522, cowboyhar69, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #48 4/3/23 3:32 PM
Only if they exclusively sell Bud Light.
Those that google Bud Light will know why.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
6 Likes: cmakin, Dirtfan, flagboy55, jdull99, luckybuc97, The Old Coyote
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #49 4/3/23 4:31 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
Only if they exclusively sell Bud Light.
Only if they exclusively sell Stroh's.
2 Likes: Dirtfan, mc/rider
TQ29m (Offline)
  #50 4/3/23 4:54 PM
What, no Hudepohl or Black Label!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!