IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kenny Biro Updates
8/22/08, 4:09 PM   #41
Re: Kenny Biro Udpates
darland36

Dave and I went to the hospital on Wednesday and spent a few hours with Kenny and Curt. It was quite awesome to see the improvements that Kenny is making every day. Curt wanted to let everyone know that starting Monday evening, Kenny will be able to see visitors! Curt would like anyone who wishes to visit, PLEASE call him on his cell phone before visiting. His cell # is 317-730-4308 (he said it was fine to print this!) All visits should be after 4 pm since Kenny will be doing rehab during the day! Curt also said that no-one will be allowed to visit without either himself or Leslie being there so that is why it's important to call first! It was a pleasure to spend some time with both of them! Kenny was alert and quite responsive when he wanted to be! (Typical teenager!) They have a long road ahead of them but we are firm believers that they will do great! Keep up the good work Kenny and Curt! We will always be here for you and your family!

Dave and Brenda Darland

8/22/08, 5:15 PM   #42
pletchfan

Brenda, Thanks for the update, this is fabulous news!!! Wish we were in Indiana so we could maybe pay them a visit in person. Just let them know they are and will continue to be in our prayers.

8/22/08, 6:45 PM   #43
FishBurger

:thumb The news continues to be positive and more and more promising with each update. Kenny is a tough young man with great support from Curt and his Mom. I'm sure the thoughts and prayers from here at IOW and elsewhere are a factor as well. We'll keep that effort ongoing.

Marv & Judy Fish

8/26/08, 9:49 AM   #44
SprintLuvr

Chuy and I went to visit Kenny & Curt again last night. He is looking very good and improving daily!!!

I just want to say that it is very important to call first before you go up, not only to be sure one of Kenny's parents are there but also, to check to see if Kenny has had many visitors already. Curt was telling us that they don't want to much stimulation and also it tends to wear Kenny out. If you call, please do not be offended if he asks you to maybe not come for a day or so. It is good to space out his visits as to not make him too tired.

Keep fighting Kenny! You are doing great and we wish you the best!!

Susannah & Chuy

8/26/08, 8:47 PM   #45
Bluteam

We're watching everyday Kenny. Keep going. I can't wait to meet you back in Terre Haute and plug the air compressor in so it trips the breaker on your video game - again.

Thanks to all for the updates here on and on his web site.

8/27/08, 11:24 PM   #46
racechic66

I would like say I am very encouraged by Kenny's progress.:applaud:

Jim and I have been to visit on 3 occasions and each time he is more alert and responsive to us. I actually got Kenny to smile, wink at me and Monday evening he tried to speak a few words to me. which was worth a million dollars to Jim and myself.

And for Curt he has been a trooper :respect:
He stays with Kenny all day and evening helping tremendousley in his recovery. How-ever Curt I think you need to get a little more rest for yourself so you can stay strong.

Our thoughts and prayers are working everyone let's keep them going:thumb

Jim and Cindi Whiteside

9/6/08, 7:04 AM   #47
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by racechic66 View Post
I would like say I am very encouraged by Kenny's progress.:applaud:

Jim and I have been to visit on 3 occasions and each time he is more alert and responsive to us. I actually got Kenny to smile, wink at me and Monday evening he tried to speak a few words to me. which was worth a million dollars to Jim and myself.

And for Curt he has been a trooper :respect:
He stays with Kenny all day and evening helping tremendousley in his recovery. How-ever Curt I think you need to get a little more rest for yourself so you can stay strong.

Our thoughts and prayers are working everyone let's keep them going:thumb

Jim and Cindi Whiteside
Thanks all for the updates. Kenny, When your able to read this know that all of your fans at the burg are cheering for you to take the checker and win this battle.

Chuck

9/7/08, 12:58 AM   #48
SprintLuvr

Tonight, Chuy, my dad & I went to visit Kenny and his improvements are absolutely amazing. He is doing so well. When we got there, he was out in a separate room having dinner and we all we so amazed at his progress right off of the bat. He was sitting up having a little Chicken and noodles for dinner. I couldn't get over how good he looked! His color was great, the trake was out and he turned and told us hello. He recognized Chuy right away. He smiled and it made me feel so good to see that smile again. We sat talking for quite a while and Kenny would laugh and smile and he was quick with responses. The kid is smart and clever and can be very quick with a comeback! He told us some stories and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the visit. I know we went to see him and encourage him but it made me so happy to see the Kenny we all know, resurfacing so quickly.

Kenny still gets really tired so please be respectful of that if you go to visit. Also remember that he is still going through 6 rounds of therapy a day and visitations need to be after 4pm daily. They are working him quite hard everyday but obviously everything they are doing is really helping him.

You are doing Great Kenny! We are really proud of you!! Keep up the good work and we will see you again soon!

Love, Susannah & Chuy

9/8/08, 11:35 AM   #49
PJ Wright

After reading the disappointing news about Gas City and the awful news about Dwight Clock, it sure is good to read some great news! Thanks for the update.

9/9/08, 9:17 AM   #50
darland36

:applaudave, Tristiny, Destiny and myself went to see Kenny on Sunday before the Kokomo races and we too were greeted with a Hugely improved Kenny! Dave and I were so surprised to see Kenny sitting up in bed smiling and laughing! He has improved so much that I cant explain the surprise that awaited us!!! Kenny, you are doing such a great job at improving every day! Please keep up the hard work and dedication that you are giving to your physical therapy! Remember, you had better be walking or at least attempting to walk before we come to see you again! Destiny and Tristiny were so excited to see you and cant wait to have you up and running around again! Curt and Leslie, you guys are awesome! Hang in there and remember that we are still here for you!!

The Darlands!

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kenny Biro Updates