IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #31 6/12/17 2:00 PM
Originally Posted by R A K:
Kokomo gonna add smartphones to their restrictions list?
Right along with the bottled water?!?
Officer personality to turn one officer personality turn one ASAP😀🏁
2 Likes: Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
R A K (Offline)
  #32 6/12/17 2:16 PM
Originally Posted by jjones752:
The PPV crew didn't pay to get in?
That's like saying ABC didn't pay to get in to cover the Indy 500...
My point is, the guy paid to get in. Let him do as he wishes with his phone.
jjones752 (Offline)
  #33 6/12/17 2:26 PM
He paid for admission for him to see the event, not broadcast it, however poor the video quality.
The PPV crew, on the other hand, had permission (and probably paid in some way, far more than a G.A. ticket) to shoot a professional broadcast.

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
etripp (Offline)
  #34 6/12/17 2:33 PM
Tracks will need to put disclaimers on tickets similar to what you see at baseball games- "Any rebroadcast is prohibited"
2 Likes: R A K, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #35 6/12/17 3:06 PM

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: cwfan08, dshort36, PIT CART
btg1963 (Offline)
  #36 6/12/17 3:20 PM
I fully support any entity protecting their intellectual property. From a racing standpoint, every track should strive to have some sort of video in place to record the night's action. Case in point.... if it weren't for cell phone footage, how would we know the circumstances behind Bryan Clauson's accident or the Kevin Ward/Tony Stewart incident. It would have been nice if Belleville and Canandagua had video footage of these examples, not to continually show the carnage, but to help the experts decide what could have been done to prevent such tragedies.
2 Likes: OnTheHammer, tirespinner
Nate (Offline)
  #37 6/12/17 3:31 PM
Originally Posted by btg1963:
Case in point.... if it weren't for cell phone footage, how would we know the circumstances behind Bryan Clauson's accident
By going to Loudpedal and watching the race in it's entirety?

https://loudpedal.tv/category/usac-n...ional-midgets/

Only difference is they took that race down out of respect, I believe.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
3 Likes: jim goerge, mowerman, tirespinner
trannyman (Offline)
  #38 6/12/17 4:00 PM
Your point holds no water.Yes,personal phones are just that.Personal.Not to broadcast an event to anyone who wants to watch.If a person chooses to record an event for personal reasons,and to help in such case as an accident,that's fine.But not to broadcast out.Especially when a professional outfit has already gained that privilege.
2 Likes: Blackduce, fish
ISF (Offline)
  #39 6/12/17 4:22 PM
Originally Posted by btg1963:
I fully support any entity protecting their intellectual property. From a racing standpoint, every track should strive to have some sort of video in place to record the night's action. Case in point.... if it weren't for cell phone footage, how would we know the circumstances behind Bryan Clauson's accident or the Kevin Ward/Tony Stewart incident. It would have been nice if Belleville and Canandagua had video footage of these examples, not to continually show the carnage, but to help the experts decide what could have been done to prevent such tragedies.
In the case of the Bryan Clauson incident at Belleville there is most definitely video other than a wannabe cameraman/woman with a cellular phone. I personally was watching the PPV internet broadcast of the 2016 Belleville Midget Nationals and the whole crash was shown live as it happened but has never been shown again.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #40 6/12/17 4:59 PM
Kokomo gonna add smartphones to their restrictions list?
Right along with the bottled water?!?
I hope
2 Likes: bsmith8, ISF