IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jjones752 (Offline)
  #31 9/7/16 1:49 PM
That's what I was figuring, if he could have driven it in deeper it looks like he could have kept up a little better.
Even so, it's good to see that it can be done without a lot of switching around, for the experience if nothing else...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #32 9/7/16 3:47 PM
Originally Posted by jjones752:
That's what I was figuring, if he could have driven it in deeper it looks like he could have kept up a little better.
Even so, it's good to see that it can be done without a lot of switching around, for the experience if nothing else...
If anyone's thinking about it this was some insights from the driver Mike Larson. This was his first time racing anything on pavement

In the interest of helping anyone else that might want to try this someday - The gear was an 8.88. It was a bit too high. The car only turned 12,100.

Jay Tinder
Media and Competition Director
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com
Therealether (Offline)
  #33 9/8/16 12:31 PM
What about a claimer rule, or impounding tires so they have to run the same set for a set number of events
Backitin (Offline)
  #34 9/8/16 1:38 PM
From my experience claimer rules do more harm then good by pissing people off that consider their racecars sacred, don't matter if it's worth $100.00 or $100,000.00.