IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Speedway will build a dirt track for Tony Stewart
7/1/16, 9:14 PM   #31
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

My quick 2 cents worth. If any of you out there think that THE Indianapolis Motor Speedway won't do this right...then you're mistaken. Whether a gimmick to Thank Smoke or a test for future plans, you need to give IMS HUGE cudos for building a dirt track inside our oval. Maybe take a deep breath and relax, try not to speculate the FUTURE OF AUTO RACING from one little dirt track attempt. Congratulations to IMS for listening to & being involved in dirt track racing in Indiana.

4 members like this post: jjones752, mc/rider, treecitytornado, Will Shunk
7/1/16, 9:24 PM   #32
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARFprez View Post
My quick 2 cents worth. If any of you out there think that THE Indianapolis Motor Speedway won't do this right...then you're mistaken. Whether a gimmick to Thank Smoke or a test for future plans, you need to give IMS HUGE cudos for building a dirt track inside our oval. Maybe take a deep breath and relax, try not to speculate the FUTURE OF AUTO RACING from one little dirt track attempt. Congratulations to IMS for listening to & being involved in dirt track racing in Indiana.
I think Doug Boles is outstanding and he's one that can make it happen and be successful. He's not Tony George.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/2/16, 12:02 AM   #33
treecitytornado

I hope they end up with a high-banked 1/4 mile with some great clay. No sand, no rocks. I'd love to run it with or without the Wing. Hoping for the best!

1 member likes this post: jjones752
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Speedway will build a dirt track for Tony Stewart