IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #31 4/4/16 7:55 AM
Levi seems to be running a pretty tight ship so far. Excellent race. Takes skill and patience to wheel these big cars for 100 laps while saving equipment yet pushing the limit simultaneously. Maneuvering that big heavy car that many laps, that close to THAT wall takes continuous concentration. Track held up well under sunshine and fierce winds. Thank you track crew. Thanks to all the drivers/car owners for doing your part for making this a competitive race and series. Love these big ole lumbering race cars from their unique starting procedures to their final lap heroics. Good day at the old ball park. Congrats go out to CJ Leary on first victory, well deserved. JMO
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, DirtHawk92, racegal, RacingNut, redracer75, ronmil, SpfldMile, tirespinner, WinglessLovers, wrtracing
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #32 4/4/16 7:59 AM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
Seemed like the 100 lapper got over quicker than the 30 lapper
It did, by quite a bit.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: dctracy79, racegal, redracer75
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #33 4/4/16 11:53 AM
RPRACING1 could not have expressed our sentiments any better so I won't even try. It was a good race under adverse conditions and everyone (drivers, officials & track crew) should get thumbs up for a job well done. Very much enjoyed our day at Terre Haute. The modifieds especially AJ Fike (7th starter) and Richie Lex (9th starter using the high side) ran very well also.

Bruce and Pat Eckel
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, redracer75, Rpracing1
dirtball (Offline)
  #34 4/4/16 12:27 PM
Was Davey Ray there? I noticed he was entered in the Sach's car.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #35 4/4/16 12:43 PM
Don't believe so
ronmil (Offline)
  #36 4/4/16 12:52 PM
Loved the early starting time and the pace of the program. I feel Richie Lex deserves a shoutout for his drive in the modified feature. He really has a Modern Day Cowboy style in the modifieds. Great Silver Crown race and it was nice to be back on the road while the sun was still shining!

Ron Miller
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, dctracy79, RacingNut, tirespinner
RoyaltonMiniSprint (Offline)
  #37 4/4/16 1:34 PM
I was there too yesterday great race great drive by A.J.Fike in the modified where was his Champ Dirt Car at though!
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #38 4/4/16 3:30 PM
Just want to congratulate C.J. Leary and team on a well deserved win.

BTW, My five USAC win prediction was for Sprints with Dutcher, The way e ran saturday proved he'll be tough.

As for the Crown win. OUTSTANDING!

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: Al Pierce, mc/rider
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #39 4/4/16 10:01 PM
Car count seemed a little light. Guys just not ready yet or are we going to see 20 cars at the fairgrounds in 6 weeks?
HARFprez (Offline)
  #40 4/4/16 10:21 PM
Congrats C.J. on USAC first win. Expect more cars at Hoosier 100, most are geared for the mile tracks plus THAT is notoriously rough on the Silver Crown cars so some teams save em for May. Good race.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, DirtHawk92, flagboy55, mc/rider, redracer75