IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
HoosierMikey (Offline)
  #31 6/30/10 3:19 PM
I can remember my Aunt and Uncle Red McCourt taking to me to the Mitchell In. Speedway when I was just a kid watching my Uncles car race, then in later years going with them to Bloomington, Lawrenceburg and TSS watching guys like Calvin Gilstrap, Dick Gaines, Butch Wilkerson, Cecil Beavers, (Wow i could go on and on with this list) and many others. I dont go as often as I used to but still enjoy going when I can, especially to the non wing sprint car races. As with other posters there is nothing like the sound and smell of sprint cars starting up. Of all the sports events I have been to, racing fans are the greatest.
2 Likes: JEFFSTOY, Mud Packer
Eric Thompson II (Offline)
  #32 6/30/10 4:10 PM
I like watching these really loud spaceship looking things we call sprint cars go around in circles.
Eatin Dirt (Offline)
  #33 6/30/10 4:21 PM
Thanks to my dad and grandparents for taking me to the Burg when I was very young. Back then and still to this day I love going to the Burg and the the smell of the cars and the corn mash at Seagrams. Really I couldn't say that I have ever been to a sprint car that just didn't make me forget everything that was on my mind and have a good time. Also it's cool now that I can still go have a good time with my dad, wife, and my son. Have a great Sprint Week everyone. Bob Bressert
K9Racer (Offline)
  #34 6/30/10 4:34 PM
Great to see the positive responses. I also have been addicted to the sound and smell since birth. Probably prior. Still feel like a little kid every year at the first race.
RGraves (Offline)
  #35 6/30/10 4:56 PM
I love just about everything about Sprint Cars especially those without a wing. I cheer for whomever is rim riding and pushin the cushion!
sprntr (Offline)
  #36 6/30/10 6:10 PM
Originally Posted by bill gardner:
i woke up this morning...
amen!
2 Likes: Jimmydiesel, Mud Packer
darnall (Offline)
  #37 6/30/10 6:18 PM
As a driver I love passing someone....upstairs, downstairs, slider, high-low...it don't make a damn... nothing is better than seeing a car dissappear in your peripheral vision.

As a fan I still have to choose passing as what I love the most...wing or non wing, lapper or for the lead, I love watching someone go thru traffic.
sp6967 (Offline)
  #38 6/30/10 7:29 PM
iron ore,crude oil and methanol.
sprinter25 (Offline)
  #39 6/30/10 7:41 PM
I'm thankful that I found this site a few years back, which in turn led me to ISW! Best week of sprint car racing ever!
racerdog45
  #40 6/30/10 7:56 PM
I'm thankful to the doctors who keep putting me back together.
I'm thankful I can make a few races each year and enjoy my time there.
I'm thankful for roller coasters because I love those suckers.
I'm thankful for my family and friends.
And I'm very thankful for all the soldiers serving this country and protecting us.