IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre haute action track ( rumor )
6/28/10, 2:13 PM   #31
Re: Terre haute action track ( rumor )
terrehautian

Rpracing1, I said too much.

onthegas7j, I have not heard of Sargent either.
Last edited by terrehautian; 6/28/10 at 3:43 PM.

6/28/10, 3:34 PM   #32
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Who have you heard of besides the guy down 41 south

6/28/10, 3:46 PM   #33
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I wonder if they'll stop allowing you to bring in food or drink. I was not allowed to take in a styrofoam cup of ice water at Kokomo.
The infield is much like stadium seating at a concert. Since you are not provided with any seating you are allowed to bring in your food, drink, etc. Have no problem with this. However, if an attendee of almost any kind of sporting event, entertainment venue, etc. is afforded a place to sit, then it appears to me they should expect to to pay and patronize the conceesionaires of the event.

This is not SCCA weekend hobby racing for a trophy. If you are going to pay the competitors as profeeional or even semi-professionals the spectators should expect to ante up!

6/28/10, 4:51 PM   #34
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Each track needs to do what it needs to survive. However.

The bring in policy often is in the decision if I come or not. I usually just bring drinks and buy what food I want at the track. Many families would opt to bring in a bucket of chicken, sandwich material, Whatever. I CAN TOTALLY SEE THIS. Its the difference in a night at the track with the fam costing 60-70 bucks or 100-150, Most of them buy a few funnel cakes or nachos anyway but that family isn't going to be there EVERY WEEK on the No Carry in policy.

Great American Ball park in Cincy does allow Food and drink brought in (No GLASS)

Whats ironic is go through the front gate, *Can I see inside your jacket?" No carry in food or drink. But buy a pit pass and see every hauler have a line of coolers down the side. Thats not right, I don't care who you are. Friendly to the racers , shake down the fans? What if that crew had to pay a extra 100 bucks a night just to eat and drink?

I go to bloomington and see three times as many KIDS at the track as any other track I've been too. I see a concession line that never lets up, I see people that have gone for years and years and their kids who've now grown up bringing their kids, Some spend more at the track, some don't. THEY ALL BOUGHT A TICKET, They all WILL BE BACK, They all think its a great value for the $$$ Take that 46 dollar show for the family and now make it $150. They may come, They may not! Most arent going to be there EVERY WEEK.

I know I definately find things friendlier and *ACTUALLY SPEND MORE AT A TRACK* when things are deemed by me to be friendly and affordable

I guess the story here is, Support your tracks, AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN AFFORD TOO, Most would want to be able to AFFORD TO AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/28/10 at 4:53 PM.

2 members like this post: dkdorkboy, Need For Speed
6/28/10, 5:15 PM   #35
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
You see tracks vary in what you can bring in and what you can't bring in as far as if the track has a liquor license or not but when it comes to Indiana state law things still vary and that's not right. All tracks should have the same carry in policy weather they have a license to sell alcohol or not.
I think you are investing in the track you may have to work harder to recoup money to invest more in the facility. Other than Lawrenceburg, which is subsidised by tax revenue, no one has invested more into their track than Kokomo.

2 members like this post: D.N.3, T&A Racing
6/28/10, 5:34 PM   #36
LittleRube

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
I heard something about Dyno Don...

Hot Laps 6:00am
Quals: 7:00 am
Racing: 8:00 am

Gets you home by noon for some

6/28/10, 7:00 PM   #37
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Each track needs to do what it needs to survive. However.

The bring in policy often is in the decision if I come or not. I usually just bring drinks and buy what food I want at the track. Many families would opt to bring in a bucket of chicken, sandwich material, Whatever. I CAN TOTALLY SEE THIS. Its the difference in a night at the track with the fam costing 60-70 bucks or 100-150, Most of them buy a few funnel cakes or nachos anyway but that family isn't going to be there EVERY WEEK on the No Carry in policy.

Great American Ball park in Cincy does allow Food and drink brought in (No GLASS)

Whats ironic is go through the front gate, *Can I see inside your jacket?" No carry in food or drink. But buy a pit pass and see every hauler have a line of coolers down the side. Thats not right, I don't care who you are. Friendly to the racers , shake down the fans? What if that crew had to pay a extra 100 bucks a night just to eat and drink?

I go to bloomington and see three times as many KIDS at the track as any other track I've been too. I see a concession line that never lets up, I see people that have gone for years and years and their kids who've now grown up bringing their kids, Some spend more at the track, some don't. THEY ALL BOUGHT A TICKET, They all WILL BE BACK, They all think its a great value for the $$$ Take that 46 dollar show for the family and now make it $150. They may come, They may not! Most arent going to be there EVERY WEEK.

I know I definately find things friendlier and *ACTUALLY SPEND MORE AT A TRACK* when things are deemed by me to be friendly and affordable

I guess the story here is, Support your tracks, AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN AFFORD TOO, Most would want to be able to AFFORD TO AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE
The racers are paying to compete in a professional sport. They are the draw, and they are the entertainment. I believe that racing is the only sport that requires that. I don't see a problem with allowing them to bring in food and drink. But really, the line at the pit consessions can get long, too.
Last edited by cmakin; 6/28/10 at 7:01 PM.

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, IndyBound, Jerry Spencer, Speedwrench
6/29/10, 1:29 AM   #38
T&A Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
I had a discussion with a member of the O'Conner family about running it , at the last race at the Action Track. The interest is there, but they also realize the amount of work involved in running it.If they do run it, I wouldn't be surprised.

It is their perogitive on concessions, but with the economy the way it is, if you can't bring in a cooler at THAT, it will kill the infield. The infield is for the working class, which is shrinking daily. They can't afford the $2 water or coke, but they will buy a ticket. They will look for value with their entertainment money, and if they can't afford it, they'll spend it somewhere else.
I like this idea. And it is laid out as such where it is very doable.

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
Blah ha ha Sorry, I mostly laughing at how Aero is pretty sharp and on top of things.
Last edited by T&A Racing; 6/29/10 at 1:56 AM.

6/29/10, 1:47 AM   #39
David Lynch

I don't think you have to worry about any change in the concessions. The Fair Board controls & gets the money from the concessions not the track promotor.

This was from a very good source. and it wasn't Shortbus.

6/29/10, 1:50 AM   #40
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
The racers are paying to compete in a professional sport. I believe that racing is the only sport that requires that.
Pro-Bowling & PGA Golf also charge tournament entry fees.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre haute action track ( rumor )