IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Getting To Know IOW Members
3/5/09, 12:42 AM   #31
Re: Getting To Know IOW Members
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinChic View Post
---onthegas7j, thank you for your services.

*My name is Rachel, I live in Northern California, my grandpa got me into racing about 5 years ago before he passed away, every weekend i'm at my hometrack watching wing racing with my mom, but try and make a monthly trip to Indiana to watch some non-wing racing. No matter where I am I'm always cheering on my boyfriend Brad Sweet. I've never found more loyal friends than I have at the track!

*Very cool topic devin!
Glad you like it.Thanks for sharing your story.:thumb

3/5/09, 3:11 AM   #32
Bill Harper

Friends, I spend a lot of time following the strings on IOW. Its one way I stay connected to racing when I'm away. I want to convey my appreciation for the support expressed for our young soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, and coasties. I feel I can do this as I'm a previous owner of QMs, minisprints, midgets, and for the coming season, a 410 NW sprint, and I'm the old guy leaving the other end of the military career pipeline having retired from the Army last fall. People in the racing community typically share some common values that are often expressed as support for our servicemembers. So for a moment allow me to make a huge assumption that I can speak for this group and tell you that your expressions of appreciation are heard and taken to heart as fuel to get through the occasional tough times. We make our carreer choices for a long list of personal, individual reasons, but it's nice to be appreciated. I tip my hat to the young lions and head home this summer to immerse myself in racing.
Bill Harper, MAJ (ret)
Iraqi Air Force Flight School
Kirkuk, Iraq

3/5/09, 8:20 AM   #33
Obie

I'm ashamed to say I've lived in So. IN all my life, 52 yrs. and didn't start goin to races till about 30 yrs ago. Started watchin the old stock cars, but the last few years have been a sprint car fan. Will watch winged if that's all that's runnin but love the non-winged cars the best. We have 2 grandkids that we take as much as we can. They love them too. I've been lucky enough to have had the same factory job for almost 33 yrs & also lucky enough to have had the same, great husband for 33 yrs also.

3/5/09, 9:11 AM   #34
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
I yam who I yam. I know several people here, even Chris Pedersen. I've been going to races since the Truman Administration, or since my good friend Marv Fish was in junior high school.

There are quite a few good folks here that I've actually met. Quite a few more that I'd like to meet, including that Seapooch guy from Cincy.

At the track, I often hang around that Hoover guy and his buddy Shaw, to their everlasting regret and shame.

For different reasons (mostly my mother's illness) I've had to step away from writing for much of the midwestern off-season. But I write for both the website and newspaper that appear below here.

Racing influences include my dad, Dave Argabright, and Mr. Happy, though not always in that order.

The Darland sisters are both a lot of fun. And I admire their brother as much as I do anyone in racing.

Seek out Butch Wilkerson. He's usually good for a story or 12. Some of them are even true.
Now why would you want to ruin a perfectly good Saturday night at the track by meeting me? Surely you have better things to do.:O:

I rate your writing skills right up there with Mr. Argabright. For real.:respect:
Last edited by Seadog; 3/5/09 at 12:04 PM.

3/5/09, 11:18 AM   #35
Brolzy

I'm Tommy Brolsma, former columnist at Hoseheads with KO (from 1998-2002). I've been involved in racing for a long time, even though I'm only 33...my family had a NASCAR Busch Series team from '85-91 or so, and then ran DIRT modifieds after that. I went to college in central PA, and went to Lincoln and the Grove almost every week. After college, I started writing for Hoseheads, first in Central PA, then here in Indiana. I got burned out with writing in '02 (I tried switching to Late Models when Hosehead started that site, but that didn't help at all). in '03 I started garra-fans.com for my other racing love, sports car racing (Grand-Am). I only get to a few races a year anymore, but it makes those races more special. I can't wait to get dirt in my face again this spring!

3/5/09, 11:42 AM   #36
JEFFSTOY

The picture of the day will never be annoying

3/5/09, 1:00 PM   #37
VaDirt

Larry Burnett, grew up in California but live in Virginia. Retired from the AF in 2004 and now work as a civilian for the Army. have been a race fan for 30+ years, starting in California, and have now rekindles my love for dirt over the last few years.

3/5/09, 2:02 PM   #38
Knoke77

Most on here know a little about me but I'll throw in some older details.

Name is Jason Knoke and I'm a washed-up, has-been (or never-was to some people) and now retired sprintcar driver. Got started in racing at age 6 when my step-brother brought home a go-kart. He ran at the local fairgrounds on Saturday nights but also ran on Sunday's at a homemade track not far from our house. A bunch of friends would get together and play around each weekend. I wanted in on the action so my dad bought me a yard kart and I spent my first year running on Sundays. Moved to racing at the fairgrounds when I was 7 (got to watch Tony Stewart run every weekend. Yes he was just as good in a go-kart as he is now and ruffled feathers even then).

Spent 9 years in karts and when I turned 16 moved on to UMRA TQ Midgets. Ran TQ's from 93 to 97 and then made the big jump to sprintcars in 98. Drove cars owned by my dad, Dave and Dan Hurst, Larry Roudebush, The Law Brothers and even got to drive for Dick Briscoe one night at Bloomington. Semi-retired from sprints during the middle of 2003 to recover from a crash and sat out all of 2004. Returned to race again in 05 and 06 then decided it was time to get out.

Some of my memorable achievements in racing.
4 - kart track championships
1995 - UMRA Most Improved Driver
1996 - UMRA TQ Champion
1998 - Putnumville Sprintcar Rookie of the Year
2001 & 2002 - Twin Cities Sprintcar Champion

I've been privileged to run against the best sprintcar drivers in the nation and had my fair share of luck in winning some local races although my goal of winning a USAC race was never achieved. Plan on running a few TQ races this year but with the birth of my son last year my racetrack time will be a lot less until he is old enough to go with me.

That pretty much sums it up. Thanks for starting this thread Devin. :Steer

3/5/09, 2:12 PM   #39
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

I'm Chad Snead I have been going to the racetrack ever since I was born. My parents used to take me to Butler Motor Speedway when I younger. I grew up in Michigian and have only gone to a few tracks up that way most of the time we went to Butler. I lived in Florida for a couple of years back when Volousia was still asphalt and Ocala was dirt, before they paved it. Of course they both get changed back to dirt after I move. But now I'm in Indiana where I go the track at every possible chance I get. I work offshore in the Oil and Gas industry so my wor schedule makes it difficult to plan what races I will be going to and such. I recently got engaged to a wonderful women whom I have addicted to sprint car racing, she now wants to go just as much as me. We both love to watch sprint cars winged or non winged. But Our love for the sport isn't just limited to the sprints we like all types from the bombers up to the late models. We prefer dirt to asphalt, but you can almost always find me a the 3 Hour Figure 8 enduro at Speedrome if I'm home for it. That is one exciting race. However, if I'm not at the track on a saturday night when I'm home its because I am driving in a Demolition Derby at the local fairs.

3/5/09, 3:11 PM   #40
Ovalmeister

I'm David.
Hired assassin. (Retired....maybe)
Currently in the federal witness protection program.
I may or may not know where Jimmy Hoffa is.
I'm a big race fan.
I may be sitting behind you at your next race.
DO NOT stand up in front of me.
That's all I can say for now.
Billy.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Getting To Know IOW Members