IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wal-mart
3/1/09, 8:30 PM   #31
Re: Wal-mart
sc96

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
You would be surprised how many places deal in consignment. Most of your major retailers do right now, as they don't want to take the risk of buying 10,000 units of something that won't sell. The manufacturers of these places are taking the risk in getting them into the stores. The store that I work at, Epson, and Brother products are all on consignment, meaning we don't pay for them until they sell. This actually works out to your advantage, because you can get the same quality product for cheaper, and everybody makes money, and everybody is happy.

Yes, the economy is in the crapper. No, it's not Walmarts fault for that. Walmart is doing what every smart company does in this time, they cut costs, and do what they can to save money. The company I work for is doing this, and we're going to be there when the economy does turn around. The companies like Circuit City that didn't do these things, well... you see where they are at. The consumer has done it to themselves, we want everything cheaper, for the same quality. Well, when we're paying a Chevy plant worker 30 dollars an hour to put bolts in a bucket, you're not going to get it cheaper. That persons wage is put into every single car that one of those bolts go into. Do the math. Labor charges to build a car for Chevy and one for Toyota are totally different. Why are "foreign" cars cheaper? Becasue the labor is cheaper, and you know what, they're better quality. Like sprinter said, time are changing, and I buy "american" whenever I can, but the problem is they are few and far between.

I'm not defending Walmart by any means, and they should pay their bill that they owe the business you run, but before I slander them, I would have to see their case for not paying. I work in retail, and I know for a fact, that there is two bills at the store I used to work at before transferring that haven't been paid, because the services weren't done in the manner that they should have been, so it's being fought.
The work we did was signed off on and approved by Wal-marts enginer.

3/1/09, 8:41 PM   #32
sprinter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc96 View Post
The work we did was signed off on and approved by Wal-marts enginer.

A couple of thoughts....

The Wal-Mart engineer was not an "approved" signer, so the change order was illegal and not recognized by Wal-Mart.....so I am assuming that you did get a change order before initiating the work...

You had a very bad lawyer, who chose to give up(after all, it was your money, not his, on the line). He folded your case and your cards when confronted by what you inferred was a ton of legal opposition... Just a thought.....

3/1/09, 8:42 PM   #33
sc96

As to clarify why they dont want to pay is because they are arguing that the change order provided by them is not a legal contract. So our point is then why did you provide it sign off on it and send us a confirmation letter with a change order number that stated to proceed with the described work. And as for a legal contractors lien any lien can be bonded around as long as the bond is for the amount of the lien.

3/1/09, 8:48 PM   #34
sc96

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter25 View Post
A couple of thoughts....

The Wal-Mart engineer was not an "approved" signer, so the change order was illegal and not recognized by Wal-Mart.....so I am assuming that you did get a change order before initiating the work...

You had a very bad lawyer, who chose to give up(after all, it was your money, not his, on the line). He folded your case and your cards when confronted by what you inferred was a ton of legal opposition... Just a thought.....
We are still fighting for our money,Our lawyers have not quit, The Wal-mart engineer does not sign change orders they are signed by the corporate office the engineer only verifies the work we did was completed it a timely and correct manor

3/1/09, 8:48 PM   #35
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Well I take some of this with a Grain of salt but am upset that you haven't been paid. No way in hell would buisnesses sell their product to Wal Mart and not make a profit. It wouldn't last long and before long they'd have 0 suppliers.

That being said. What every happened to anti trust laws and monopolies being broken up? IMHO thats national security when one or two buisnesses in any field pretty much control everything.

CHuck

3/1/09, 8:59 PM   #36
sc96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Well I take some of this with a Grain of salt but am upset that you haven't been paid. No way in hell would buisnesses sell their product to Wal Mart and not make a profit. It wouldn't last long and before long they'd have 0 suppliers.

That being said. What every happened to anti trust laws and monopolies being broken up? IMHO thats national security when one or two buisnesses in any field pretty much control everything.

CHuck
BINGO you have won the door prize.In one of our court hearings this was brought up. And the lawyers from Wal-mart motioned for a change of venue

3/1/09, 9:02 PM   #37
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc96 View Post
BINGO you have won the door prize.In one of our court hearings this was brought up. And the lawyers from Wal-mart motioned for a change of venue
Wouldn't surprise me if they don't own a stake in the court

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wal-mart