IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
axman775 (Offline)
  #31 9/25/16 1:56 AM
I feel like this is turning into an endurance race. 2 am and Silver Crown feature hasn't even started yet!
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, PIT CART, tirespinner
Scooter (Offline)
  #32 9/25/16 6:50 AM
I read it was 4am til the show was over...it started at 4:30pm right?

Very glad I didn't plan the trip out. There is no way I would have stayed awake for all features.

12hours to run 4 divisions? without rain?? Did something happen to cause a long delay? Was it Just track prep?
Hubie (Offline)
  #33 9/25/16 8:43 AM
I quit going to Eldora in 2008. Figured I would give the track another try.

big mistake!

First heat race took to the track at 10:07 pm! Freakin' ridiculous. Lots of drunks by that time. LOTS. Everyone can't applaud Tony Stewart enough however, he must be laughing all the way to the bank. I think they had a zillion All Star winged sprinters and they time trialed everyone of them. I left Eleven and I won't be going back.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, trannyman
trannyman (Offline)
  #34 9/25/16 8:55 AM
Originally Posted by Scooter:
I read it was 4am til the show was over...it started at 4:30pm right?

Very glad I didn't plan the trip out. There is no way I would have stayed awake for all features.

12hours to run 4 divisions? without rain?? Did something happen to cause a long delay? Was it Just track prep?
Rain would be the only thing to justify such a delay.sounds like a very poorly managed show.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #35 9/25/16 8:56 AM
Time to move this to a two night show at Terre Haute.
Last dime I spend at Tony's place. I stayed till the 2am fuel stop for the All Stars and left a fifty lapper on the table just so I could be home by 4am

I had about five around me leave before the racing started at ten. And even people who were camping bailed.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97, miledirt, Rapid Rick
Jrp4554 (Offline)
  #36 9/25/16 9:09 AM
I like how all the people complaining didn't even go... GOOD!! Stay home. The place was packed without you. Yes it took forever but the racing made up for it. Would you rather get done by ten but the track take rubber and it be a follow the leader parade? At least Tony saw a problem, apologized, and tried to fix it. I for one had a great time and didn't get to bed until 6am. Thanks Tony and eldora. I think some of you you guys would ***** if they gave you free admission and let you drive the pace truck.
7 Likes: bullring fan, EBookerFan, flagboy55, Jbaldwin, opnwhlmnd, stealth43k, TBONE
ISF (Offline)
  #37 9/25/16 9:38 AM
What time did the racing actually finish?

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
grader47 (Offline)
  #38 9/25/16 9:51 AM
reworking the track good idea late night that happens but where was the track prep before 4:30 start time
6 Likes: Chubs Peterson, flagboy55, Johnewill, luckybuc97, PIT CART, WinglessLovers
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #39 9/25/16 9:55 AM
Originally Posted by ISF:
What time did the racing actually finish?
I left at 2:30 and still had 39 laps left in crown race.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
wcbrock02 (Offline)
  #40 9/25/16 10:50 AM
It was close to 3am before it was over.