IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #31 8/18/12 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by ossuks:
There is no place in USAC for the small teams, or at least that was the message to me from Kevin when he replaced me for issuing a black flag to one of his "super teams"( and no it was not TSR, they would have handled it)! This SC issue is his motto was "why do we need them?"
Wow, interesting.

Jerry
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #32 8/19/12 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer:
Wow, interesting.

Jerry
More like sickening...
duel (Offline)
  #33 8/19/12 12:43 AM
seems as if usac has put most of their energy into sprints on dirt only and off road trucks. The big cars need to be taken care of. usac management has dumped pavement sprints to wing groups and is now trying to be too green with the big cars. Let teams use what fuel they want be it corn or diesel.
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #34 8/19/12 1:55 AM
Maybe ASCS could replace USAC for these cars. The lack of forsight by USAC is unforgivable. It's time for positive change , no more negative.
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #35 8/19/12 4:31 AM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
Maybe ASCS could replace USAC for these cars. The lack of forsight by USAC is unforgivable. It's time for positive change , no more negative.
I'm not sure there's enough interest--meaning, potential for profit--in the Silver Crown cars for anyone to sanction the division if USAC were to finally drop it.

Like I said earlier, USAC does virtually nothing to promote the series. Why not work with the State Fair to promote the race all week leading up to Saturday? There was no mention of yesterday's race on the State Fair Facebook page. But why should they care about helping the race if USAC itself doesn't care?

I don't get not using social media to it's fullest advantage. It's freaking FREE, TARGETED advertising. USAC has 16,000 likes, while the Illinois State Fair FB page has 23,000. (And I don't think it's too much of a stretch to speculate that most of those 23k folks are unique from the 16k liking the USAC page.) Throw each other a bone. USAC could post status updates like "The TRAXXAS Silver Crown Series cares about conserving the envirornment by using Ethanol produced by farmers. Speaking of conservation, be sure to stop by Conservation World before, between races, or after the Tony Bettenhausen 100." Maybe if USAC took the one or two minutes to post something along those lines, we could get the Fair to mention the race, instead of merely touting "Park Conservation Day" like they did yesterday.

And whatever happend to having a promotional show car out in front of the pork producers tent on Grandstand Avenue all week? I know some years back, there would be either an Ethanol ARCA car, or an American Indy Car Series car up there. I know the Excite Silver Crown show car was in front of the Grandstand yesterday. But does anyone know if it was it there earlier in the week? I know I didn't see it when I visited the Fair last Saturday.

It seems to me that USAC might really stand for "You Suck At Communication."

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
mr nobody (Offline)
  #36 8/19/12 5:19 AM
POWRI would be a great sanctioning organization if they would want to get involved. They use to have a car (Tim Siner) compete in this series years ago (2005 or so) and they would be able to help build and grow this division. They have done that with their National Midget series and Micro series. Whether or not they wish to get involved would strictly be their choice but having been around them since their inception, I can say with complete confidence that Siner and Brown would be two of the best people this series could get.
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #37 8/19/12 8:56 AM
I did see a nice television ad for the race at my motel friday night put out by Track Enterprises. I also thought it was the best crowd I've seen there in quite a few years, probably a money maker. The champ car count was down but the mod count was up and they put on a much better race. The champ car race was pretty decent and all the double file restarts were awesome. Overall I was pleased with the racing, just disappointed in USAC's decisions that have led to the low count. They should have known those speedway cars were too ugly to go over and switching fuels was unnecessary at this fragile point in time , economically. Look at it this way though, at the present moment they have more Silver Crown cars showing up than licensed regular sprints or midgets!
2 Likes: SC90, SpfldMile
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #38 8/19/12 10:24 AM
Overall, I enjoyed it. There are definitely some problems facing the SC division, though. I do want to say thanks to the owners and drivers that put on a good show. I love to see these cars take on the miles. It's not a sprint car race, it's a totally different type of finesse driving that I enjoy watching just as much. I also went to Macon and watched a great field of midgets buzz around that little bullring. Congrats to BC who held off a charging JCJ to win.

For those about to rock, we salute you.
sprntr (Offline)
  #39 8/19/12 12:11 PM
Once again I ask: If Kevin Miller is such a flipping genius, why did MOPAR show him the door?

steiny
2 Likes: fasster23, SC90
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #40 8/19/12 12:49 PM
I went yesterday out of my love for Champ Dirt Cars. I know that if I miss one on a mile, I may miss the last one. Hopefully I'm wrong. It's sad to see USAC crap on the ONLY series they have exclusively, but of course that doesn't fit their business model, only the Ignite money does.

I'd like to congratulate A.J. Fike on his win. It's been a long time coming, and I can think of no one who has worked harder at it to get it.
Also like to give American Racer a pat on the back too. If you have a Champ Car , they make the ONLY tire to run for the miles.

As for the future, there is somebody VERY interested in taking this away from USAC, but it will hinge on Bob Sargeant. If he says yes, then at least they will be part of an organization that appreciates racers, as they have proven with their midget series.

Appreciating racers, a concept that USAC should try.
5 Likes: illiNOISE, jdull99, mr nobody, SC90, Steve Wendel