IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
slide22 (Offline)
  #31 11/10/09 10:50 PM
nevermind.
1200sprinter
  #32 11/10/09 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Smitty:
If weight evens out the motors then why did jt eliminate the ZX12? Why didn't he just make it weigh more than 1040 lbs or whatever. There are several Henchcraft cars running ZX12 motors, did jt just want to eliminate those cars?

Smitty there were NO zx12 motors in the AMSA last year if youd like to clarify be my guest.

zx12 motors are very hard to find anymore and the ones that are available are usually high dollar...........the rules are ENCOURAGING the members to be stock on gas at 1000cc without FORCING them to do that......the option is there to race almost anything you want ................wtg JT
Quantrill (Offline)
  #33 11/11/09 8:39 AM
I think AMSA is on the right line of thinking but the weights are off. So hopefully over time those weights will be tweaked. Lets face it an older 1100-1205 is only going to turn 11.1 -11.5 so they are already at a disadvantage to the new 13.2 1000cc motors. Now AMSA is going to stick another #140 on them? Just because you can show a power to weight calculation on paper does not mean that it translates to the ground. #70 for running ALKY?

As for MMSA think on going to all gas in 2011?????????? Alky is safer, Alky is cleaner, Alky runs cooler. And yes is produces slightly more power. Everyone looking at Henchcraft and Rossen on these Alky conversion kits think I don’t want to spend another $4000. Well you don’t have to. Do your home work and piece the stuff together yourself. You can do it for about $2000 or less. All I can say is if MMSA rules hold true for 2011 it will be good for other groups like AMSA, IMSA, MOLS, WMSA. You mite have to do more traveling but that’s not all bad either.

Q.
Harry Jones 14
  #34 11/11/09 10:43 AM
way to go 1200 sprinter, AMSA didn't run any ZX12, there was I think only 2 years of them, and not to may is left. They blow up faster, and JT didn't want any one to buy them so he stop it before they got here. They are banding them out East I hear, so why do you want to get one. I have been racing since I was 5 and raced about anything that had tires. So I have forgotten more then some of you know. The fact is JT wants it all fair. If you guys can't understand that, then you have a choice, AMSA or MMSA. for me, it will be AMSA which JT don't own any cars and he wants to see a different driver in the winner spot, not just a few that is owned by you all know who with MMSA or the drivers that is in his back pocket. I bet I will catch #### over that remark. So be it.
Colin25 (Offline)
  #35 11/11/09 12:27 PM
Harry or Harriet we ran very compeditively with the MMSA and I nor my son are in Alan's back pocket. I have read so many negative comments it's unbelievable. We race for fun. Nothing more. I try to teach my young son some lessons in life through racing and when we did run with you it was the most non enjoyment of times. We felt like outcast and non welcome. Rules will come and go. I don't agree with all the changes from both organizations, but we will adjust and enjoy our time doing what we enjoy together. (By the way nice spelling and grammer)
1200sprinter
  #36 11/11/09 1:44 PM
Well I guess its all a moot point because rules are rules and are the same for everyone,

The only thing Id offer up for consideration is that possibly stock on gas should be 920/5 instead of 900 and that cuttin of the spec tire is allowed.
Also I dont see why the zx12 should be banned as long as the appropriate weight penalty is applied...........the reason Im saying this is that the zx12 is the only engine over 1000cc that can keep up with the modern 1000's so why not let it be legal?
slide22 (Offline)
  #37 11/11/09 2:28 PM
Originally Posted by 1200sprinter:
Well I guess its all a moot point because rules are rules and are the same for everyone,

The only thing Id offer up for consideration is that possibly stock on gas should be 920/5 instead of 900 and that cuttin of the spec tire is allowed.
Also I dont see why the zx12 should be banned as long as the appropriate weight penalty is applied...........the reason Im saying this is that the zx12 is the only engine over 1000cc that can keep up with the modern 1000's so why not let it be legal?
The reason for banning the Zx-12 was because it has a ridiculous advantage in torque and horsepower. Something like 30 ft/lbs more torque and 20 more horsepower.

The concern was that it would become like the 600cc class when the Zx-636 came out. You HAD to have a 636 to be competitive, and an engine package for one ran $4000-$5000, and now, the ZX-12 packages are going for more than that.
HoosierDirt (Offline)
  #38 11/11/09 2:37 PM
the 1000cc motors with alky was 940 thats only a 30lbs more but look at the 1200 or 1100 gas or alky 940 to 1040 100lb increase wow know thats crazy 1100 or 1200 dont have a chance with a 1000cc on alky or a gas 1000cc motor taken to stewert dyno and getting an increase of 30hp on gas and only weighting 900lbs.. the 1200s and 1100s are done they are a short track motor and have alot of low end torque ...but since the majority of the races are at Lawrenceburg a 1100 or 1200 will never win.. they didnt have a chance last year or this year at the burg ..and not at 1040lbs

In the last 2 years at Lawrenceburg on the new track can anyone tell me if a 1100 or a 1200 ever won a race there at 940lbs ???
Harry Jones 14
  #39 11/11/09 4:06 PM
Mr Parker you ran just one time with amsa on Nov. 3rd. And I'm NOT Harriet, so do your homework. If you felt uncomfortable running with amsa sorry about that. They are very friendly and go out of their way to say hello, glad to see you and you are always welcome back any time. Ms Harriet does work for amsa but I sure am not her. My name is Harry Jones. I have been to both groups and watched both in action. If you don't feel welcome my advice is stay with the other group.
somebodysmam (Offline)
  #40 11/11/09 4:43 PM
ok I am tired of people taking my name in vain.I have stayed out of this because I don't have anything to do with it.I HAVE NEVER MADE ANYONE UNWELCOME TO RACE WITH AMSA. All I do is keep the stats and answer questions,I don't make the rules but I do know them I make a point of it so I can answer questions.I make a point to welcome when they sign in and ask people back when they pick up their winnings .I have never been to a MMSA race.I don't even live in Indiana in the winter,so PLEASE leave me out of this.If I have anything to say I say it or I will pm you personally.