IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #31 7/8/09 2:39 PM
Originally Posted by Elliottbrand.Com:
Caleb is still running a car for Walker.
Thanks Steve. Glad to hear that both will have an opportunity to shine in good equipment. Is it Friday yet?

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Tripcrwn
  #32 7/8/09 6:54 PM
Just curious as to who Hunter will be driving for during ISW? #7 is that the #07 that he drove earlier in the year and with Toyota power? Wilson Brothers sprinter? Also who owned the car that he was most recently driving (#2 I think)? Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
petey (Offline)
  #33 7/9/09 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Tripcrwn:
Also who owned the car that he was most recently driving (#2 I think)? Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
Good question. Hey Jones if your reading was that your buddy Tony Epperson's car that Hunter has been driving?
Kirk Spridgeon (Offline)
  #34 7/9/09 1:59 PM
Hunter will be driving for Tony Epperson during Sprintweek. Tony hasn't raced much in the last few years, but he had Brady Bacon and Shane Hollingsworth in his cars for a couple races after son-in-law Bobby Smith retired. The 2 car reminds more of the days when Tony was helping Eric Gordon...Tony must have grown tired of being a full-time race fan and pulled the race car back out for Hunter.
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #35 7/9/09 2:40 PM
I've heard that Caleb really wants to race sprint cars on dirt. If that's the case, then this situation will make him team mates with one of our best all-around dirt drivers. What a potential learning experience that could be. There's a high profile driver that Caleb knows pretty well, that has commented quite a few times, about learning from these kind of situations.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
glover8 (Offline)
  #36 7/9/09 3:58 PM
Good luck Hud! You always do better in someone elses ride
3Cfan (Offline)
  #37 7/10/09 11:58 AM
What a great combination....Hud and Walker! This will be an exciting team to watch. And my sleeper pick!

Good luck, Hud!
ClaytonYeley (Offline)
  #38 7/11/09 5:26 PM
Hud has a crazy night yesterday at Lawrenceburg. He qualified 9th and made his way to a transfer spot in his heat race. He had a fairly good start to the feature race as he worked his way through the top ten. Then about half way through the race I assume everyone at the Lawrenceburg Speedway noticed that there was something seriously wrong with the front end of the car. During green flag action the #11 could not keep the LF on the track and during caution period the car would hop so much that it would knock his visor up and down. Can someone who understands the technical side more than I explain what was broken or bent on the car? On the last restart the car finally biked hard in one and he went from 6th to 12th. I would say 12th would be a good finish considering that he was driving what I assumed was a maxim which I not sure he has ever raced one. Plus I don’t think he has raced at the Burg this season until last night and he had a car with some big issues. Hopefully this leads to some more big rides.
petey (Offline)
  #39 7/11/09 5:34 PM
I just looked at Carey Manvel's photos from the Burg. Is Hud in the blue car or the white car with the orange frame?
sprintgirl14 (Offline)
  #40 7/11/09 5:47 PM
White with orange frame. His left front arm broke off.