#31 9/24/22 6:10 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
See Baldwin #5 is at eldora? WINDOM?
Windom is in the Hayward 19. Same car he ran at Kokomo
Baldwin 5 is Geoff ensign
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #32 9/24/22 10:04 PM
Seems like a legitimately large crowd which is great to see.
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, erich45, fish, flagboy55, Hubie48, Jbaldwin, PIT CART, reeserx, tirespinner
Hubie48 (Offline)
  #33 9/25/22 6:17 AM
Heck of a program! I thought the track held up well and the Midgets were just rocket ships. Speaks well of Chris Windom's talent to be "out of the game" so to speak and lay an butt whipping on the regulars. Those Boat car's really have a great motor program. Kofoid's accident reminded me once again that racing is a very dangerous sport. Glad he was ok even though it put paid his racing for the rest of the evening. Good news is he has an evening! His accident was obituary lethal.

IMO Logan Seavy re established himself as a top flight driver. Switching cars in both Midget and Sprint allowed him to run up front and I think USAC is much better for this.

Seeing "Our Guys" fare so well in the winged All Stars feature put a smile on my face. As a Flo Subscriber that was the first winged feature I had watched all year which should tell you how much I enjoy that type of racing. I did notice and pick up on the technique required and it does have it's merits IMO. I think Eldora is unique in this regard as it offered several different lines thru the corners.

Justin Grant won in spectacular fashion as he was given ever opportunity to screw up and did not. Here again Justin is living his best life and I for one feel his gratitude and love for the sport on every interview. IMO USAC Sprint Racing is at a high water mark as far as this 1962 model is concerned.

Great Weekend of Racing, Thanks USAC and Eldora Speedway.
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, dkdorkboy, duel, EBookerFan, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, PIT CART
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #34 9/25/22 11:02 AM
Since the ASCoC was added to The Four Crown and all 4 classes have run (almost) their entire programs in one day, I have never liked the format as it was just too much, BUT NOT LAST NIGHT. They have finally disciplined themselves enough to pull it off smoothly and efficiently.

There have been recent Four Crowns where I have wanted to give up on the Silver Crown feature just because I'd had enough of the seemingly never ending night, and that's absolutely outside my normal realm. BUT LAST NIGHT I was ready for another feature!

My only complaint is actually a noncomplaint: I had to miss the consi so I could take my son to check out the souvenir trailers and support some drivers! I can definitely deal with that.

By the obvious, gigantic crowd, I'm sure Eldora, USAC, and ASCoC have a ton of happy customers this Sunday morning. I don't know what you guys did different this year (maybe the presence of Jerry Gappens?), but all the kudos of the day go to you guys. KUDOS!
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, duel, flagboy55, Hubie48, Ilovedirttrackracing, mlamb, The Old Coyote
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #35 9/25/22 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by chrismattlin:
Since the ASCoC was added to The Four Crown and all 4 classes have run (almost) their entire programs in one day, I have never liked the format as it was just too much, BUT NOT LAST NIGHT. They have finally disciplined themselves enough to pull it off smoothly and efficiently.

There have been recent Four Crowns where I have wanted to give up on the Silver Crown feature just because I'd had enough of the seemingly never ending night, and that's absolutely outside my normal realm. BUT LAST NIGHT I was ready for another feature!

My only complaint is actually a noncomplaint: I had to miss the consi so I could take my son to check out the souvenir trailers and support some drivers! I can definitely deal with that.

By the obvious, gigantic crowd, I'm sure Eldora, USAC, and ASCoC have a ton of happy customers this Sunday morning. I don't know what you guys did different this year (maybe the presence of Jerry Gappens?), but all the kudos of the day go to you guys. KUDOS!

A decent track for a change for one. That was impressive.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: chrismattlin, Ilovedirttrackracing
mc/rider (Offline)
  #36 9/25/22 1:05 PM
Jerry Gappens

When in doubt Gas It
7 Likes: chrismattlin, Danny Burton, duel, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, MBoersma, tirespinner
ginblueearth (Offline)
  #37 9/25/22 2:24 PM
Watch the highlights of both midget features. On youtube. And I'm curious what other race. Fans think. I don't wanna cause any problems or stir the pot, so to speak. But here's my question. The Midget seemed to be tremendously fast. At Eldora, and when they crashed, they crashed bigtime. Is it to the point where? The Midgets really don't belong. On that track. I know they put on one hell of a show. We seen that. Friday and Saturday. But we also seen big crashes. don't get mad at me, I'm just asking a question. I love a good Midget race. And if I Could have afforded it, I would've been out there in the stands. But I'm just wondering what every one else thinks. I noticed it seemed to be a pretty small field. Of Midgets at Eldora. Do other drivers stay away because of the speed. Or do they think they don't have enough motor to compete with the top teams? And my last question. Do they know why? Buddy's right rear went. Did he run over something or was it just another junk? Hoosier tire. Now, please don't get mad at me. I'm just asking. For other people's opinions. I love a good Midget show. Just wanna know what everyone else thinks. Glen Murra
2 Likes: Hubie48, tirespinner
B99 (Offline)
  #38 9/25/22 7:17 PM
Been going to the 4 Crown on and off for 2 decades, and that was the biggest crowd for the 4 Crown I've ever seen. Great night of racing as well, every feature had something compelling at or near the front. Track was good and held up well.
8 Likes: chrismattlin, dkdorkboy, duel, dwhitney1169, erich45, flagboy55, Hubie48, tirespinner
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #39 9/25/22 7:45 PM
The Friday crowd seemed larger than normal as well. I wonder why this weekend was so strong?

- Good weather?
- 40th anniversary?
- Bigger purse?
- Streaming being good advertising for the 4 divisions?
The55 (Offline)
  #40 9/25/22 7:58 PM
Many years ago I asked a very good driver, USAC winner in both sprints and midgets, if he had a midget ride for 4 Crown. He paused and then said I am not sure I want to drive a midget at Eldora. Point being midgets at Eldora have been risky for a while. I would imagine the car count is low because it requires a high horsepower midget to compete. Some of you who are more in the know would be in a better position to answer.
3 Likes: ginblueearth, Hubie48, tirespinner