IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mscs20 (Offline)
  #31 4/24/22 3:59 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Burg don't charge to use a quad.
No stupid membership fee or transponder rental either.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, jjhughes76, luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69
Milly (Offline)
  #32 4/24/22 5:02 PM
😂😂
kinser (Offline)
  #33 4/24/22 5:10 PM
Originally Posted by Milly:
You can’t be talking about LPS when you said they just watered over last weeks surface????? I know for a fact they work the track all week long. Get you information straight on what track post you are on. 😂😂
This post is about the burg so I do have my info straight.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #34 4/24/22 5:27 PM
I think we'd all be surprised to know how close many tracks including the successful ones are to closing the gates> Their cost have gone up 30/50% too not including the purse. Hell my electric bill at home has doubled in two years. and my tank has gone from 24 dollars to fifty to fill..

I've had three promoters tell me they don't make a dime and usually lose on a regular show and lose big if the show starts but can't be completed. All those fans and teams get back in for free but the leases utilities, insurance payroll and prep cost etc all still have to be paid.

Charles Nungester
oldfan49 (Offline)
  #35 4/24/22 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I think we'd all be surprised to know how close many tracks including the successful ones are to closing the gates> Their cost have gone up 30/50% too not including the purse. Hell my electric bill at home has doubled in two years. and my tank has gone from 24 dollars to fifty to fill..

I've had three promoters tell me they don't make a dime and usually lose on a regular show and lose big if the show starts but can't be completed. All those fans and teams get back in for free but the leases utilities, insurance payroll and prep cost etc all still have to be paid.

Go to the "mostly motorsports" podcast and listen to the interview with the promoter of Bulls Gap tell how he lost money on the Kyle Larson race and why he closed the track down after that race
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #36 4/24/22 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by oldfan49:
Go to the "mostly motorsports" podcast and listen to the interview with the promoter of Bulls Gap tell how he lost money on the Kyle Larson race and why he closed the track down after that race
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-m...orts-89320713/

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: MBoersma, oldfan49
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #37 4/26/22 12:05 AM
I listened to some of the interview on this podcast with the current promoter Vic Hill. While I have not yet finished it it sounds like there’s plenty more to the reason it wasn’t profitable for him. Lot’s of infrastructure issues