IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #31 12/7/21 7:19 AM
One aspect of wing racing that I’ve not seen mentioned is the potential for a much increased T shirt sales. I’m sure the top USAC guys sell their share but I’d guess it pales to the top wing guys.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, PIT CART, tirespinner
miledirt (Offline)
  #32 12/7/21 9:44 AM
Still looking for something about KTJ going full-time wing next year
S2K (Offline)
  #33 12/7/21 10:08 AM
https://fullyinjected.com/kevin-thom...-time-in-2022/
3 Likes: dkdorkboy, miledirt, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #34 12/7/21 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
T. And another thing. While the next level might have changed, the United States Auto Club has always been a feeder system. They’ve produced the greatest racers in history. I’ll just use one example and you guy’s can shuffle through the rest. Foyt!

Give that man a prize! Perfectly said. And after a certain age, the path kinda drys up. not that their talents couldn't go further. Just the path, financing, backing by a corporate sponsor and a teams willingness to try.

Didn't KTJ Go winged about six years ago, Won a race and lost his ride? I suspect with good backing he'll be successful.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: chrismattlin, Eatin Dirt, mc/rider, PJ Wright
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #35 12/7/21 4:52 PM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
As I have said many times ... for the USAC purse to go up the first thing that has to happen is the series drivers have to quit showing up at local non-sanctioned shows.
The difference is that the WoO give their drivers' a place to race every single weekend, multiple times. USAC? You know as well as I do that no real racer and no for-real race teams are sitting on their hands for a weekend while USAC treks up to a place like Madison, WI to showcase 20% of the sanction's star drivers.

What is the incentive to get USAC drivers to quit showing up at local, non-sanctioned events? Punishment? That could be counterproductive, no?
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #36 12/7/21 5:01 PM
Originally Posted by sp6967:
i don't think anyone in usac is over paid. i would like to see some key board jockey run the top feeder series for both woo and allstars for less.
I'm sure that Spridge would do it for half of KM's salary. But calling him a keyboard jockey is going a little far, don't you think?
racenut69 (Offline)
  #37 12/7/21 5:14 PM
[B]If I could make it by selling T-shirts,and matting the loud pedal, I would try it tomorrow!...LOL!..[B]

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #38 12/7/21 6:08 PM
Originally Posted by chrismattlin:
I'm sure that Spridge would do it for half of KM's salary. But calling him a keyboard jockey is going a little far, don't you think?
Spridge and Ritchie are worth every penny. Now I wanna know who’s taking Levi’s place?

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
6 Likes: chrismattlin, Dougherty20, luckybuc97, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, ROSS
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #39 12/7/21 6:22 PM
I've said a lot of good about USAC and some bad and complaints aplenty. Never that they got paid too much. Other than the 96 or so dates they are away from home probably getting to bed about four am. there are literally months of planning to get next seasons dates and tracks set, Securing sponsorships and contingencies etc.

They earn their pay

Charles Nungester
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, captrat, Chief Wahoo, Jonr, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #40 12/7/21 7:03 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I've said a lot of good about USAC and some bad and complaints aplenty. Never that they got paid too much. Other than the 96 or so dates they are away from home probably getting to bed about four am. there are literally months of planning to get next seasons dates and tracks set, Securing sponsorships and contingencies etc.

They earn their pay
Let us remember that not all on the USAC payroll are grinding it out with the "Circle Track division". (Not trying to put either group in a negative light, just saying.)
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, DRC II