IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
jdull99 (Online)
  #31 4/2/19 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Nate:
To the best of my knowledge, they barely run races there as is.

Being down here near Churchill Downs, I've gotten into the horse racing scene pretty deep and I RARELY see any races being run there. I don't know how many more races they would schedule there but I don't see it being many as Hoosier Park in Anderson runs pretty much non-stop March through October and there's also an Indiana circuit that runs at various county fairgrounds. Also, I've never heard of horses running on limestone...

That said, apparently the fair board thinks it's still worth more than one race car race a year on the mile. Cant say I don't agree but yes, it sucks that its at the expense of one of the most legendary champ car races.
Good points. If anything, proly lots of room & board made off the horses that are there tho? Hate to say it, but don't imagine too many Silver Crown teams rent stalls there...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Nate (Offline)
  #32 4/2/19 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
Good points. If anything, proly lots of room & board made off the horses that are there tho? Hate to say it, but don't imagine too many Silver Crown teams rent stalls there...
And there lies the problem. I mean, I don’t like it but even that moron Reno Fontana would agree that it’s better business.

The only thing I could see saving the track would be if the track hosted more events. Multiple champ car races, big blocks, ARCA, etc. I feel as if that would calm the fair board down.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, jdull99
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #33 4/3/19 6:00 AM
That is the same way here in Indiana. Of all the counties, Cass gets the most back.
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #34 4/3/19 9:01 AM
Originally Posted by ISF:
You're confusing chitcago, all points north of Interstate 80 and metro east St. Louis with the rest of the state where we live and where the 2 dirt mile's are located. chitcago and metro east St. Louis elects the governor, a ruling majority of the legislature, the 2 U.S. Senator's and most all of the state wide political positions, both elected and appointed.

Those of us in God's Country south of I-80 are held hostage by the People's Republic of chitcago & metro east St. Louis. They make the rules and those of us who, for career reason's, can not move are forced to live by them.

There are 102 counties in "The Land O' Lincoln & crooked politicians" and it requires less than 5 of those 102 counties to override the will of the rest of the 97 or 98 in statewide elections. We desperately need a county by county electoral college ******** system.

I fully realize and understand what you're saying but please don't lump all of us in with the urban inbred's of chitcago and metro east St. Louis, thank you.
You make a very good point and I apologize for lumping all you normal people in with the libtards.

You also made an excellent argument defending the existence of the Electoral College I might add!

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
3 Likes: billw, chrismattlin, trackprep
duel (Offline)
  #35 4/3/19 9:36 AM
Very sad indeed. My 1st Hoosier Hundred was 1974 when it ran in September. Over the years they would run usac sprints twin 50's on pole weekend. One year it was midgets and sprints. For years the Hoosier was in the fall. Then they had a couple of sc shows a year when they started the champ cars on 500 weekend. Now for me, it has become a tradition to start the 500 weekend with the champ cars on the mile. What a beautiful site to be at the fairgrounds for the hundred miler to start the weekend. I hope this May the fairgrounds is packed with people for this final show.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, erich45, i love dirt track racing
Hammer (Offline)
  #36 4/3/19 9:58 AM
So sad,such awesome memories of dirt champ cars there,my greatest racing heroes battled on that mile. Used to love going there on Saturday for silver crown race then Terre Haute on Sunday for Hut 100,now both will be past memories.
2 Likes: duel, superstock30
racefan20 (Offline)
  #37 4/3/19 10:17 AM
Can we stick with the racing aspect and not ******** please. Pretty sure one of Bill's biggest rules is no ******** on the board.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
8 Likes: captrat, duel, erich45, fish, mc/rider, rick42, ronmil, wallbanger II
ISF (Offline)
  #38 4/3/19 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote:
You make a very good point and I apologize for lumping all you normal people in with the libtards.

You also made an excellent argument defending the existence of the Electoral College I might add!
No apology necessary, TOC. I was pretty sure you weren't lumping normal folks in with the urban inbred's.

I sure wish chitcago was part of Indiana instead of Illinois so some of the folks over in Indian who believe it's a good thing for a cesspool like chitcago and metro east St. Louis to dictate to us non-cesspool folks downstate should live and be taxed. They'd maybe have a whole different take on the "one person one vote" representation thing works for them when you have a bunch of clowns that have no idea, and don't really care, about the rest of the state. If chitcago is so great many of us over here wish it was all yours!!

As far as the Belleville link goes, be advised that Belleville, Illinois is basically part of the metro east St. Louis cesspool. I take anything that comes out of that place with a most cynical grain of salt. Now, back to racin'!

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
EBookerFan (Offline)
  #39 4/3/19 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=admin;511088]4/2/19 9:56 AM FINAL HOOSIER HUNDRED AT THE INDY MILE TO BE HELD MAY 23
I attended the 1953 race. First I sold tickets and when we stopped sales went to the grandstand to watch the remainder of the race. The grandstands were packed, sat in an aisle and watched 4 cars finish in a blanket with Sweikert winning. I have attend many of the races since then. For years the grandstands were sold out. But over time the paying public has decreased with maybe half of grand stand sold. Ask Bob Sargant? who has been promoting the races recently about the race,costs,profit, fair board relationship.
This race is a one day a year event. It may be that the horse people offer more money to the State than the auto racing people.
I will certainly miss this event but it has had ,to me, a long successful history and I will always remember the thrills and chills of the racers and races.]
2 Likes: duel, Kansasdirtfan
Hammer (Offline)
  #40 4/3/19 12:39 PM
Since this will be the final Hoosier 100,let's pack the fairgrounds and send it out with a huge crowd and show everyone the greatest fans in the world standing together enjoying the sport that we love. Although we sometimes have our differences, we are a huge racing family and all love this sport. Ill be there and enjoy one more great memory then might drop a tear when the checkered flag drops.
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, dirt330, duel, interpreter66, Jbaldwin, jdull99, PJ Wright
Closed Thread