IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #31 8/19/13 6:19 PM
Well when I'm in heat I like to come up behind the wife & errrrr wait what was the question again, I vote 3-8's
3 Likes: dkdorkboy, jim goerge, racenut69
mc/rider (Offline)
  #32 8/19/13 7:59 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
mc/rider (Offline)
  #33 8/19/13 8:04 PM
I like seeing all the racing I can so 4/24-5/40

Posted via Mobile Device
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #34 8/19/13 8:41 PM
Originally Posted by racegal:
No more than 8 per heat.
You might want to change your mind now because that's what I was thinking.

Posted via Mobile Device

suzuki756 (Offline)
  #35 8/19/13 8:43 PM
Doesn't matter what the racers want if it was my choice you have under 20 cars do 2 lap qualifying times than draw a invert 1-8

Posted via Mobile Device
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #36 8/19/13 10:11 PM
Everything below is based on the assumption that a track has been prepared well enough to allow drivers to actually race and pass other cars. I realize that many times that is the case, but if you don't have that, it really doesn't matter whether you qualify or draw for heat starting position. Everything is based on luck, not skill and determination.

18 cars - 3 heats and everyone runs feature based on points
24 cars - 4 heats, top 16 in points to feature, rest from semi
55 cars - with this many cars I think you should go with 7 heats and then 4 qualifying races based on points scored in the heats. This gives someone who had bad luck another opportunity to score enough points to get into the feature. First 16 in points into the feature and then the rest from semis. A few years ago ASCS had 81 cars the first night of the Winternationals at East Bay and used this format. Ten 8 car heats. I forget how many made it to the qualifying races, but I think it was most everyone. Four qualifying races with the top 16 going to the A based on points and a couple of semis with highest points starting at the front. However, you just can't do this if you have 6 support classes taking time and wearing out the track. This can only be done if a track actually acts like a special sprint car race is actually special. It doesn't work if special races are treated like an addition to the regular night's show.

Frank Daigh
3 Likes: jim goerge, Mud Packer, racenut69
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #37 8/19/13 10:19 PM

Frank Daigh
racegal (Offline)
  #38 8/19/13 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
You might want to change your mind now because that's what I was thinking.

Posted via Mobile Device
Great minds think alike!!!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
jim goerge (Offline)
  #39 8/19/13 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
24 Cars=3 heats of 8

18 Cars=2 heats of 9

55 Cars=ASQ dreaming big after taking a pull on the crack pipe 7 heats if we ever see this again.
3 heats oof 8 2 heats of 9 55 cars dam Mike need couple hits of that crack pipe COUGH COUGH 5 heats of 11
JazzTrombonist (Offline)
  #40 8/20/13 12:45 AM
I hate passing points. A fan should be able to enjoy and follow the show without a pen, paper and a calculator.

Posted via Mobile Device
6 Likes: JackSam40, Jonr, koolaid89, oldfan49, racegal, ROSS