IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!
10/4/09, 12:44 PM   #31
Re: cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Clauson View Post
First and foremost I want to apologize to Dave Rudisell, Lawrenceburg Speedway, MSCS, and ESPECIALLY THE FANS for “MY” decision to load up last night.
I want to make clear that neither,myself, Bryan, or any member of our team felt cheated in anyway by MSCS and their format. We knew when we pulled in the pits what the format was and after drawing as we did and looking at the risk vs reward in running I made a business decision not to run. It was my decision and my decision only.
Sadly as we fight to stay viable to stay in this form of motorsports the business side of the sport will overrule the emotional side of the sport in more and more instances. This is the first time in my 25+ years in the sport where I let a business decision overrule my heart. Believe me it killed me to do what I did last night.

Sincerely,
Tim Clauson

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

We did not solicit anyone to buy tires for this or any other race.

Thanks

Tim Clauson
I just want you to explain to me how you can justify spending 30,000.00 to 40,000.00 on an engine, 12,000.00 to 16,000.00 for a chassis in the midget division to run for 2,000.00 to 3,000.00 to win. How wise of a business decision is that ? You had already paid all of your expenses to get your car and crew to the track and you knew the format of the program before you got there so why not put the car on the track tell the driver to pull the belts down tighter and gas that S.O.B. up and go try to make 10,000.00 ?

3 members like this post: lbudde5, Need For Speed, otispoole
10/4/09, 12:53 PM   #32
JstAbvVMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
No guts. No class. No clue.

Maybe you could go race NAPCAR and have your spotter tell the guys in front of you to pull over.

It's OK for other guys to start on the last row, but not you?

I thought this was called RACING, not poor baby, didn't get a good draw, can't race and actually PASS anybody.

Don't be even more disrespectful and tell me this was a business decision. You already paid for the gas to get there, already paid for the pit passes, already put some wear on the motor and tires. Car was already dirty.

STUPID business decision. You invested what it took to get there, then eliminated any chance of ever getting THAT money back. Puhleeze.

You didn't know you'd draw for the starting spots?

Disrespectful to the fans. Disrespectful to the track. Disrespectful to the Sport.

You dig yourself a deeper hole by coming on here and saying you're sorry, it was a "business"decision.

It was a classless, clueless, chickensh*t, no guts decision. Admit that much and I'll have an ounce of respect for you.
Spicoli, Well the name fits after that idiotic post! Brain dead.

Half the people on this board complain about the cost of racing and some leave their cars in the shop half the season because of it. They complain about the "super rich" teams out spending them, Blah Blah Blah... Then two teams make a business decision NOT to waist money, nearing the end of the season when equipment is tired and depleted. And most important of all a west coast swing just around the corner that witll last from the end of October through November. (Spicoli thats 5 weeks, DUDE, Just helping with the math)

The Beochin here just amazes me.

When I heard what happened last night I figured why right away.. Risk vs Reward, Time and Place, It was a GOOD business decision and a really tough RACER decision. I for one give Tim and Bryan credit for having the guts to make their decision. They made a decision that best helped their company and not based on what some stuck in the 70's IOW posted thinks.....

10/4/09, 12:59 PM   #33
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Did Tony Stewart run out of money and sponsers last time I checked Levi Jones had the best damn sponsers in the buisness, grow a set, this is the sport that takes 2 balls remember

2 members like this post: pappy300, stanbrough4presidentgo53
10/4/09, 1:02 PM   #34
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstAbvVMC View Post
Spicoli, Well the name fits after that idiotic post! Brain dead.

Half the people on this board complain about the cost of racing and some leave their cars in the shop half the season because of it. They complain about the "super rich" teams out spending them, Blah Blah Blah... Then two teams make a business decision NOT to waist money, nearing the end of the season when equipment is tired and depleted. And most important of all a west coast swing just around the corner that witll last from the end of October through November. (Spicoli thats 5 weeks, DUDE, Just helping with the math)

The Beochin here just amazes me.

When I heard what happened last night I figured why right away.. Risk vs Reward, Time and Place, It was a GOOD business decision and a really tough RACER decision. I for one give Tim and Bryan credit for having the guts to make their decision. They made a decision that best helped their company and not based on what some stuck in the 70's IOW posted thinks.....
I keep seeing this risk vs reward argument and can only think this: the purses in racing are not a reward for the risk you take being monetary or personal risk. It's all about victories, bragging rights, and job well done at the end of the night.

Stuck in the 70's IOW poster thinks? Well, if this were to become the norm (guys leaving after a bad pill draw) we won't have to worry about anything becasue people will quit racing and fans will quit coming to watch.

1 member likes this post: buck2
10/4/09, 1:03 PM   #35
nonwingnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
So its ok for all of the guys that should start last rows in there respective heat races to load up and leave????????????????????

Everybody who showed up knew the format.........No Excuse.........
Mr. Clauson aside....jones didn't leave for a business decision. I was standing in pits next to his crew. When he realized he had to start the tail of a tough heat he immediately tried to enter his second car with a crew guy as the driver. Hmmm...when the 2nd car (20x) drew a pill on the front - can't remember which heat. The tsr crew wasn't even getting the other car out! They was going to stick Levi in that car and slap an x on it. They loaded after they was told if he did that then that car had to start tail also for switching drivers. So jones didn't have a business problem if he could afford to add another car at the last minute to cheat the system. Not much of a racer if you're too afraid of starting at the back.

Damien proved you could start at the back and still finish strong. And darland is a class act - he had tough heat, tough finish in b - not a spectacular finish and he still said thank you shook hands with fans and said see you next year. He could have been as equally pissed as jones but he is a true racer. Jones just acted like a 3 year old and when he didn't get his way he took his toys and went home.

Forgot better sign my name or people get pissed....Greg
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by nonwingnit; 10/4/09 at 1:14 PM.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, lbudde5, sprintgal
10/4/09, 1:11 PM   #36
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingnit View Post
Mr. Clauson aside....jones didn't leave for a business decision. I was standing in pits next to his crew. When he realized he had to start the tail of a tough heat he immediately tried to enter his second car with a crew guy as the driver. Hmmm...when the 2nd car (20x) drew a pill on the front - can't remember which heat. The tsr crew wasn't even getting the other car out! They was going to stick Levi in that car and slap an x on it. They loaded after they was told if he did that then that car had to start tail also for switching drivers. So jones didn't have a business problem if he could afford to add another car at the last minute to cheat the system. Not much of a racer if you're too afraid of starting at the back.

Damien proved you could start at the back and still finish strong. And darland is a class act - he had tough heat, tough finish in b - not a spectacular finish and he still said thank you shook hands with fans and said see you next year. He could have been as equally pissed as jones but he is a true racer. Jones just acted like a 3 year old and when he didn't get his way he took his toys and went home.
Posted via Mobile Device
Couldn't agree more. The Demon showed it could be down. Those guys are supose to be 2 of the best out there. That's horrible, it sucks even more for there fans who paid good money to watch them race

10/4/09, 1:14 PM   #37
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Thanks for everyones support of the Lawrenceburg Fall Nationals.
Everyday, everyone makes decisions, those decisions made are either going to be right or wrong. I make alot of decisions in everything from scheduling races to what kind toilet paper we use. I have made alot of bad decisions and have made a few good decisions. What i am getting at is, we all make mistakes and bad decisions. When the bad decisions are made, the general public is quick to let you know of your decision. Very rarely are we complimented for the good decisions.
Clauson and Jones, have a right to make thier own decisions and do what they think is right at that time. Whether it was right or wrong. It is now all in the past and we need to look at all the positives of the weekend instead of the negatives. I'd like to thank Bryon for taking time among many other drivers to participate in our drivers meet and greet on saturday afternoon. I also had a very long talk with Tim Clauson on saturday morning, which was very informative information for me as a promotor.
So lets move on forget about the past and learn from our mistakes. Clauson, Jones, and Myself will will make more mistakes and bad decisions in the future, hopefully we will make more right decisions than wrong decisions. :2:
I have the utmost respect for anybody that pulls into the racetrack and supports racing!!
Thanks, thanks and thanks to each and everyone who supports racing in general.

As a fan watching the races this weekend when i had a chance, i thought it was a great show and had a great time.
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell

10/4/09, 1:16 PM   #38
Tim Watson

I'm not familiar with the MSCS format. Just wondering where these cars would have started in the B if they wouldn't have transferred through the heat? Then let's say they transfer out of the B, where would they start in the A?

10/4/09, 2:12 PM   #39
thebus79h

Nobody can ever tell me that it makes sense to load up at a track when you're already there, signed in, and you aren't getting any money back, and load your stuff. How much fuel was wasted driving from Indy to the Burg, then all the money to sign in, and then to get absolutely nothing back. It's racing, you can get tore up on the front row, or in the back, doesn't matter. Just because you draw a tough heat doesn't mean that the night is a wash. I've seen people load up now for damn near everything, and none of it makes sense.

I'll definately give Tim credit for getting on here and stating his case, because he is right, it's his team pretty much and he can do what he wants, it's just hard to understand when people load up like that.

I'm really trying to think of any other reasons over the next couple years that people will load up from. Saw a bunch of cars load up for safety, saw a car load up cause he didn't want to roll the track in like every other car had to, and now this. Why don't we all just sit out on the track with lawnchairs, and everybody draw a number, and whoever draws the lowest gets the money.

10/4/09, 3:11 PM   #40
D.N.3

So how was the actual racing for the weekend? All I'm reading is about BC and Jones deciding not to race. Was the racing that uneventful?

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!