IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racegal (Offline)
  #31 11/9/07 6:35 PM
It was a Chevy! I can picture it but I can't think of the name of it! It was not a Gremlin!! LOL! His VERY first car was a Quarter Midget!!:emote20:
BTW I got that '69 LeMans from Paul Bozart. It was a loaner at first and when I drove off he called, "Don't fall in love with it" but I did!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #32 11/9/07 9:04 PM
A green Chevy that was 1 year younger than me. Dad giveth and Dad taketh away. He bought it for $160 and sold it for $250.

So....up next was a '62 Chevy Impala. Great car until I totaled it. The payments were a huge $32 a month. I had that car for 2 stints. I bought a '70 Camaro and enjoyed it immensely. Drove to school with the girl who would later become my sister-in-law.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
lbmnkc
  #33 11/9/07 10:06 PM
one 1969 nova ss/big thumping small motor 4 speed car ,black , ss wheels.....also 1955 ford f100 that i still have ,,,race car that i bought with my hard earn money ,,,, when i lived in florida the 68 car that george rudolf had and then traded back to him for a dirt car .:doh:
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #34 11/9/07 10:50 PM
1974 Monte Carlo, this car had bucket swivel seats that i loved. Car was a one owner elderly women who had only put 70,000 miles on it in 15 years. I bought the car for $600 and was thrilled. Man i miss those days, and that car.
Thanks for the memories...Dave
HurstBros0 (Offline)
  #35 11/10/07 11:20 AM
1964 F100 with a 390 Merc that I traded my brothers mini bike for . John still has hard feelings about that . 68 GTO that I spent my Texaco gas pumping paycheck on for 2 years . I drove it to Brownstown one night and decided that I needed one of those racecars worse than the old goat . A friend of mine gave me $900 for it and I promptly spent it on a 9" Ford floater , a kit to make a Powerglide direct drive , some zoomie headers and a set of angle plug Traco heads . It all came together and we won the Hobby Stock points at Brownstown that year with Tony Moore driving . My crew fired me before I even drove the thing once . They put Tony in it the first night to "sort it out" and he won the feature . That kind of sealed my fate as " default driver " . When they couldn`t find anyone else they let me drive . The crew finally got tired of dirt falling off in their faces from the hard top and sold what was left . They acquired a 79 Stewart sprint car . It was a box but we thought it was the greatest . The first lap of the first race I was in I followed Jeff Donaldson and Marvin Deputy into 1 at Lawenceburg . I threw it in backwards on the bottom with my 49" rear axle and 6" off RR wheel. A valuable lesson on too much side-bite was learned from that experience . That was the first of many times that I would get to repair some crash damage from a bad decision.
'