IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Pitdad (Offline)
  #31 2/10/22 8:47 PM
Originally Posted by Kart#51:
This problem is easily solved. Give all 60 participants a $1000 for showing up and the winner gets a $25 gift card to Taco Bell for their drive home. We will rename the race the Xtra Cheesy Gordita 40.
To the victor goes the spoils.
NOW YOU’RE THINKING LIKE A PROMOTER! Emmett Hahn would be proud.
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #32 2/10/22 9:37 PM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
Mmmmm the real question here is…..will Paragon have ice cream??? ☺️
Will beer be for sale along with Bob's spicy nuts?

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
5 Likes: Chief Wahoo, racenut69, Rpracing1, tirespinner, wildman92
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #33 2/10/22 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
Will beer be for sale along with Bob's spicy nuts?
Sure thing fella, I’ll bring an extra 6 pack of Stroh’s and charge you a measly $2.50 per can.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
5 Likes: Dirtfan, racenut69, Rpracing1, tirespinner, wildman92
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #34 2/10/22 11:33 PM
OMG Stroh's..🦨🦨

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
6 Likes: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, racenut69, RacinBabe, tirespinner, wildman92
J.D. (Offline)
  #35 2/11/22 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by spankytoo:
I disagree with the statement that this is better for the racers. It might be better for the top 10 teams but the other 60 - 70 cars just got screwed. There was a chance for some lower teams to make a show and pocket $1k, but now their chances just got tremendously cut.
I have to agree 100% with you! Win/Win for fans and Win/Loss for several race teams. Tracks have to have fans to pay like this, just saying. Maybe this pissin match will continue on for years and more race teams will prepare and up their game for two huge shows in March. Stands must be full, or neither show will happen butting heads like this. JMO
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #36 2/11/22 12:19 PM
Isn't a race supposed to be a competition. In competition not everyone wins. If the prize money is increased, shouldn't it be a little harder to win? Wouldn't be more rewarding to those who are successful?
18 Likes: 2fast4u, bighd0522, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, JordanBlanton, K9Racer, Kart#51, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PJ Wright, racenut69, racinrich, Sandy Lowe, The Old Coyote, tirespinner, Tom23, Will Shunk
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #37 2/11/22 2:31 PM
Calling it a big sprint car race but at the same time saying you’re going to run them off really quick so you have time for all the stock cars is kind of hypocritical.
2 Likes: PAW, tirespinner
leftrear (Offline)
  #38 2/11/22 2:53 PM
“The goal is to have sprint fans out by 9:30, this race IS to cater to the sprint car fans mainly, since this IS a big sprint show. Plus you never know what the weather is going to bring, being this early in the Spring”

I don't see anything mentioning the other classes. Maybe you are just trying to start some **** !
7 Likes: captrat, Charles Nungester, luckybuc97, PIT CART, PJ Wright, tirespinner, Tom23
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #39 2/12/22 1:37 PM
Yeah I’m not sure how we are trying to cater to the stock cars when we are trying to get the sprint fans on their way home because a lot of them aren’t fender fans. Promoters can’t win. Lol

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
2 Likes: PIT CART, Tom23
Sideways (Offline)
  #40 2/12/22 4:06 PM
You could give some people a gold nugget and they would not be happy
2 Likes: fish, tirespinner