IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Sausage (Offline)
  #21 9/6/16 11:24 AM
Get well soon Robert. The crew at Stanford is top notch. They have done back surgery on me, and rebuilt my wrist in my younger days, and I have no issues with either all these years later. Hope to see you at the track soon.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #22 9/6/16 11:29 AM
There is a update on Robert Ballou Motorsports FB page.

He got fitted with another neck brace and all the fractures are stable at this time so no surgery is needed at this time. He was released to go home pending no complications.

Still a long road of healing and therapy. Get well Robert. From a former broken back person myself. Stuff like Sneezing feels like a knife in the back. Hope the road is smooth a s possible!

Charles Nungester
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtball, DirtHawk92, Hotrod, miller51b, PIT CART
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #23 9/6/16 11:53 AM
Great news on Robert Ballou today!

From Robert Ballou Motorsports:
Thank you everyone for your patience! But today we bring excellent news!!

Yesterday they brought in a new brace to keep the neck fractures stabilized better and wanted to complete more x-rays to see if anything moved. He was able to get out of bed, walk and sit up with pain but tolerable. We received update that the x-rays were stable and Robert will continue without surgery at this time!

Doctors rounded this AM said once again all was stable and the plan is to clear him to go home at this time as long as the day goes well and no hiccups come about. Obviously a long recovery period but we love good news! Again thank you for all the messages, thoughts and prayers! The racing family and community has been amazing as always!

Robert Ballou Motorsports
54 mins ·

Yesterday they brought in a new brace to keep the neck fractures stabilized better and wanted to complete more x-rays to see if anything moved. He was able to get out of bed, walk and sit up with pain but tolerable. We received update that the x-rays were stable and Robert will continue without surgery at this time!

Doctors rounded this AM said once again all was stable and the plan is to clear him to go home at this time as long as the day goes well and no hiccups come about. Obviously a long recovery period but we love good news! Again thank you for all the messages, thoughts and prayers! The racing family and community has been amazing as always!
22 Likes: Blackduce, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, davidm, dickster, DirtHawk92, dshort36, Hotrod, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Larry Welch, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, Melmo, mrsstanfill, PIT CART, racegal, racenut69, racer-x, Rapid Rick, smith19, tigerone
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #24 9/6/16 4:44 PM
" go ballou "
3 Likes: Hotrod, jim goerge, wildman92
streetglider (Offline)
  #25 9/6/16 8:06 PM
Hanks heading back to Nashville
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #26 9/7/16 11:51 AM
STANFORD, Calif. – Defending USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car Series champion Robert Ballou will not undergo surgery for his broken neck after doctors decided the fracture he suffered in a non-wing sprint car crash on Saturday at Calistoga (Speedway) will heal on its own.

Ballou, who is currently hospitalized at Stanford Medical Center, is able to move all of his extremities with no issues. After reviewing his injury, doctors have determined that the fracture is stable and will heal on its own and not require surgery to repair it.

According to a post on his official Facebook pages, Ballou is expected to be released from a the hospital soon so that he can continue his recovery at home. There is no timetable for Ballou’s return to competition.

For more information on Ballou’s recovery, visit www.facebook.com/robertballoumotorsports.
7 Likes: Blackduce, EBookerFan, Hotrod, Hustlin-Hoosier, racefan20, racegal, ronmil
revjimk (Offline)
  #27 9/7/16 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR:
Great news on Robert Ballou today!

From Robert Ballou Motorsports:

Robert Ballou Motorsports
54 mins ·

Great news!
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #28 9/7/16 4:18 PM
" go ballou "
3 Likes: Hotrod, jim goerge, Sprints!
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #29 9/7/16 9:26 PM
Great news!

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, WinglessLovers
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #30 10/6/18 12:19 AM
Hey, you guys remember this? Took me a while to find it. Luckily I have been watching reruns of Mannix (good gumshoe work).

A couple of years ago we were all hoping an praying that Robert would not only race again, but simply function normally w/o serious physical impairment.

A little bit of perspectiveness (if that is a word): We all get hot under the collar at times and say things we regret. Lord knows I have spouted off before thinking. Right flagboy 55 and BradKuhnFan? We also have others come at us full blast in response to our rants. Robert will race again. Tony will promote again (and race). This mano a mano thing between them has pretty much taken its course and will eventually become part of the legacy of sprint car racing and history.

Robert is still walking upright, stating his opinions, and racing. Tony is still Tony and flexing his muscle whilst stating his opinions, too.

It is all good when you look back and remember how it almost was. I say we cut each of them some slack and thank them for their passion when we see either of them next.

I will now go back to watching reruns of Mannix on MeTV. Joe always gets his man - and the girl.
16 Likes: Cage Faraday, Can26, davidm, duel, erich45, flagboy55, Hamby454, Jerry Shaw, kylenap, LUCKYONE, nitrofunny, RACrappieman, rmr6nm, ryan84, stp6237, tirespinner