IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Did you See..
4/2/08, 9:55 PM   #21
Re: Did you See..
Sprintwatcher

Gas $3.35
Milk 4 bucks
Sprintcars on dirt PRICELESS

4/2/08, 10:21 PM   #22
smbpreformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Do you realize it will cost Dave and company twice as much in equiptment fuel as last year. .
I was waiting for some one to make this point. It costs you more to get to the track but it also costs him alot more to work the track in and with the increase of minimum wage it also costs more to pay the employees at the track.

As the value of the dollar falls farther and farther down the cost of everthing will increase and this will continue regardless of who is in the white house it has to do with the federal reserve and the M3 index growing at record rates and a lack of backing for the dollar

4/2/08, 10:28 PM   #23
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtball00 View Post
Did you see what Lawrenceburg is charging their fans to get into the track this season? For a 3 class show(Sprints, Mods, purestocks) they are charging $15 for adults and $7.00 for kids 7-12...It doesn't appear any of this money is going to the drivers as the purse structure looks to be very similar to 2007 so why the $3.00 per person hike in Gate admission??? So if myself and my 2 sons come over, i'm looking at $29 before I even walk in the gate...OUCH!!

I'm not a weekly supporter of L'burg, but in the past I have been there as many as 12 times a year, that did not happen in 07 because of the kids prices, and it will definately not happen in 08 with the new adult prices at the Burg.

In a day and time when folks are having to scrape up money to do anything extra, L'burg does this to it's fans. If they are charging $15 for regular shows, I can't imagine how much they will charge for their WOO, Sprint Week and Lucas races...I know someone will get on here and say if you can't afford it, don't go, well I can afford it, but that's not the point, if enough of the folks that can't afford it don't go, before long there won't be a L'burg Speedway to not go to...

Dave are you guys giving away alot of free adult tickets and having raffles and giveaways for adults now too, because you did all that for kids was your reasoning for overcharging for them...

the dirty one!!!
Seriously, I wish that you could enjoy going to the races, as much as I do. Or most of the people from this board, that I've watched so many races with. I'm not anywhere near to thinking those prices are even close to what could be called "overcharging", for the entertainment an evening at the track provides.

Heck, it's worth the price of admission, at The Burg, just to see Marv Fish light up like a child on Christmas morning, when the modifieds roll onto the track for their "B" Main.:O:

Jerry

Winston Churchill

4/2/08, 10:32 PM   #24
SUPERDUKE
Banned

The Fairgrounds Got 2 & 1/2 Million For The Track From The River Boats! Track Fact! I Hope Its Not To Fast For The Local Drivers?

4/2/08, 11:01 PM   #25
Joey Woods

Last Friday I wen't to a a rodeo here in Evansville, family of four was 100.00 to get in, 4 hot dogs, 2 large cokes, a bottle of water, large pocorn, king size Reese cup 28.00. I think they had 8 bull riders which turned in to 10 total rides and only two full rides, 0 full rides in the finals I think one cowboy stayed on for 3.5 seconds, yea they had a few bare broncs, saddle broncs, and the girls doing barrell racing. The show started at 7:30PM took intermission did the finals and was on my way home at 9:30PM. Yes it was my choice to go to the rodeo and while I feel it was really expensive I will probably go again next year. Dollar for dollar it was not even close to a sprint car race.

On another note not once did the rodeo clown stand in front of me and totally block my view while there was acton in the arena. For those of you that remember that drama last year I'm still not over it. :headbang

4/2/08, 11:27 PM   #26
bherzog513

The more people back a promoter the more he gets away with....and everyone has a knack for kissin a$$

If gas went to $5 a gallon and the country went nuts, how long would it stay at $5?

Dirtball has a point, and from what I have seen of the track its not going to be very racy. Quote me on that.

I don't think $15 is outrageous, but I will not show up half as many times as I did last year, and to know that the payout is not very grand, and that this is the only racetrack I know of that is paid for by an outside source. I will not spend my money there!

I cant wait to read the responses. I think dirtball hasn't posted any replys for the same reason I won't- you guys are very intiment with dave rudisell and his cause. Im not saying you are wrong for that and don't attack me for saying it, but from an outsider standpoint there are many points you, on this board won't acknowledge.

4/2/08, 11:28 PM   #27
Dwight Clock

Here in Indiana track admission prices are among the lowest in the country. In 1993 I was paying $14 to get into East Windsor Speedway in N.J. on a Friday night. At Riverhead Raceway on Long Island current admission on a Saturday night is $23. While salaries are higher back east the cost of living more than eats that up. Someone in Indiana making $30K annually is better off than someone with the same situation (# of kids, house, etc.) in metro NY making $70K. Fifteen bucks for three or four hours of entertainment is a bargain. When I go to Gas City on a HARF night and pay $6 to get in I almost feel like I'm stealing something. The only thing that I wish more tracks would do is to have a low cost family admission such as Terre Haute is doing. Other than that I feel very fortunate to be paying what I do to see the great racing here in Hoosierland!

4/2/08, 11:32 PM   #28
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

I think it's a little steep for a local show concidering the payout.But that wouldn't stop me from going:thumb

4/2/08, 11:44 PM   #29
Jerry Spencer

J.M.O.. Can anyone say wing's, or special shows. That is just the felling going around.

Jerry #66j
Www.joshspencer.com

4/2/08, 11:49 PM   #30
riskybrisky5

Im just waiting on them to use the inflation caculator on the purses. lol I couldnt resist just having some fun. Wish Lawrenceburg the best of luck with this season.:thumb

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Did you See..