IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #21 5/31/16 7:33 PM
Actually, you can compare AJ to almost any racer at any age and AJ would come out on top. My point is why go there. Does he want to down grade today's drivers, does he want to make himself look better, etc. in any case it doesn't help the sport he loves. I hear the same thing from NBA players of yesteryear about today's players. The world changes and you move on. I don't disagree with AJ's points but he should be bigger than that.

[quote=racer-x;447264]
Originally Posted by Tumey's 55:
The "guys arent as tough, not as good as we were" thing is pretty lame.

I'm not taking any credit away from the winner but compare his accomplishments at his age to AJ's and it won't look as lame.
I remember a kid that ran the Indy Lights series a couple years ago that lived 15 minutes from me and I never had heard of him.. How many youngsters are getting rides today cause Daddy has a fat wallet?
DHayes818 (Offline)
  #22 5/31/16 8:02 PM
I missed about 1/4 of the race and have a question. Was BC's name ever mentioned during the race other than at the ill-timed caution? Was the car ever shown? I believe that several cars were never mentioned or shown therefore no exposure for the sponsors or the drivers. Why not go "through the field" a couple times? Why would any corporation pour millions into a team only to get no bang for their buck?
3 Likes: DAD, Puppy, SWScaleChassis
race0 (Offline)
  #23 5/31/16 10:59 PM
lets not forget A.J also raced in a different era than the drivers today. not taking anything away from A.J, but you really can't compare the two era's. we have great racers today, just as we had great racers back then... we should be thankful that we still have racing at all, the way things have been going.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, team3521
Puppy (Offline)
  #24 6/1/16 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Backitin:
as far as toughness 95% of the new class of Indy drivers shouldn't and couldn't be associated with the word.
Seriously??? And you know what it takes to run a road course at that level in these cars? YOU know what toughness is?? Let me tell you, I'm as big a sprint car/midget guy as anyone on here but to think that the dirt tracks are the only place a "tough" driver can be developed is so narrow minded that there probably isn't any help for you!!!!!:deadhors e:
2 Likes: EBookerFan, Kellen Conover
davidm (Offline)
  #25 6/1/16 8:10 AM
Originally Posted by DHayes818:
I missed about 1/4 of the race and have a question. Was BC's name ever mentioned during the race other than at the ill-timed caution? Was the car ever shown? I believe that several cars were never mentioned or shown therefore no exposure for the sponsors or the drivers. Why not go "through the field" a couple times? Why would any corporation pour millions into a team only to get no bang for their buck?
Yes BC was talked about, he got to lead the race a bit during green flag pit stop cycles.
hungthrottlepodcast (Offline)
  #26 6/1/16 3:40 PM
Eddie also mentioned Stan Fox.