IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #21 6/29/14 4:51 PM
The girlfriend n I did all of midget week .first night got there when gates opened to Save a seat but noticed a lot of spaces where 2 people could set left unused. The rest of the week we got there bout an 1/2 hr before hot laps and never had a problem getting a great seat . We like to sit up high , left of flag stand . Worst we did was Kokomo 5 rows down from top. Sat in the top row at Bloomington and 3 rows down at the burg. We r planning on doing the same for sprint week. I do have something bad to say about Kokomo though.... Do not under any circumstances buy their popcorn !!!! Worst popcorn I have EVER had !!!
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #22 6/29/14 5:49 PM
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer:
The girlfriend n I did all of midget week .first night got there when gates opened to Save a seat but noticed a lot of spaces where 2 people could set left unused. The rest of the week we got there bout an 1/2 hr before hot laps and never had a problem getting a great seat . We like to sit up high , left of flag stand . Worst we did was Kokomo 5 rows down from top. Sat in the top row at Bloomington and 3 rows down at the burg. We r planning on doing the same for sprint week. I do have something bad to say about Kokomo though.... Do not under any circumstances buy their popcorn !!!! Worst popcorn I have EVER had !!!
It's been my experience that Sprintweek is 1/4-1/3 better attended. The kids are out of school and more campers You wait that long for Gas City and you'll be sitting in the Pits.

Charles Nungester
Birdsboro (Offline)
  #23 6/29/14 6:25 PM
That is good to know.....stay away from the popcorn...lol. I would imagine needing to get there abit early...I just was hoping to hang by the pool at the hotel and not in the parking lot all day...
  #24 6/29/14 6:26 PM
Thanks Charles suggestion greatly appreciated. It's my 1st sprint week too , was merely passing on our midget week experience. School gets out in May in Illinois .
  #25 6/29/14 6:48 PM
As much as u should avoid the popcorn I can't stress enough DO eat at the Half Moon in Kokomo ! We loved it . Best meal we had in the state of Indiana during midget week .
MacTexas (Offline)
  #26 6/29/14 6:51 PM
Any races on Monday or Tuesday? Other than visit the Indy 500 museum any other must see places? A friend of mine who lived in Indiana said I needed to visit Knawbone, he had a big smile on his face so I think he was kidding?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #27 6/29/14 6:57 PM
Gnawbone is between Columbus an Little Nashville Indiana on the way to Bloomington if coming from the east or south. Bunch of flea marketes and campgrounds.

Tuesday Ballou and crew put together a Charity Bowl in Brownsburg with door prizes, raffles and good plain fun for Cortey Cares Charity.

Charles Nungester
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #28 6/29/14 7:44 PM
Birdsboro, check your PM.
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #29 6/29/14 8:29 PM
I know I'm repeating myself, but no one visiting Kokomo should miss the tour of the Kokomo Opalescent Glass Company (http://www.kog.com/). Mon-Fri @ 10am. It's only an hour or so. Kids will love it. So will adults.
  #30 6/29/14 9:27 PM
Thanks... She says we're going .