IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bloomington Speedway (Offline)
  #21 6/13/14 2:17 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Thank You in advance for this effort!
For those that can't listen to Hoosier Country 105.1 FM here in Bloomington, Bruce Leer (one of the speedways owning partners) went on the radio this past Thursday morning and issued a sincere apology from the heart to the fans the drivers and the crews, for last weeks lenghty delay in getting the program underway, due to excessive watering. He stated that everyone involved with the speedway would be making a 100% effort to insure that we do not have a repeat of those conditions. He said, "it was unacceptable".

Now, even though we have heard from many of the drivers and the fans, the track was great when it came time for the features, but the delay in getting to that point just didn't cut it.
We will always do our absolute best to provide the racers and the fans with the best possible racing surface, but we are all human, and remember it is a dirt/clay surface, however last week mistakes were made and there have been measures put in place to hopefully prevent that from happening in the future.

On behalf of Bloomington Speedway Management, Employee's, and Volunteers THANK YOU and we hope to see you tonight!
4 Likes: dshort36, JON'S MOM, Rpracing1, wildman92
illinisprintfan (Offline)
  #22 6/13/14 2:27 PM
Last week the pack vehicle did a Bigfoot impersonation on the front stretch guard rail and a sign. With a full moon tonight, who knows what could happen!
Panama (Offline)
  #23 6/13/14 3:31 PM
You simply could not ask for better racing weather.

It is going to be a BEAUTIFUL night at Bloomington Speedway!

PS, I wanted to edit this post to let everyone know the FULL MOON is rising at 9:44pm keep an eye toward the treelike behind the pits.

JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #24 6/13/14 6:43 PM
The benefit of forgetting to cancel a half days vacation is getting to make a rare trip down to Bloomington!! Haven't been here since the NST race due to a normally busy schedule. Hoping to get TSS or Paragon checked off the list this year as well.

Couple thoughts after a 2+ hr drive. Living less than 30 mins from Kokomo spoils me (Tipton) so let me say any and all of you fans that consistently travel, especially the out of staters, are awesome!!

Lastly, I love living in this state and all the options we have when it comes to my favorite sport. I swear picking a favorite track is like trying to pick which Swedish Bikini model is hotter...

Hot laps for sprints rolling!!!