IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
mowerman (Offline)
  #21 5/14/14 9:17 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Wendel:
I just don't get what people like about two and three wide racing, it's just too hard for us old fans to keep up with!
Hard on the heart too /
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, FishBurger, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, rachasin, Steve Wendel
Slider812 (Offline)
  #22 5/14/14 9:21 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan42:
Well the track has been like a pavement track last week it almost took rubber and last week it did take rubber!!! At least get the track where there's a little moisture somewhere. And of course Brady wants the track dry slick seems like if it's slick he's the one to beat but if it's heavy not so much!!!
I get it your point and agree with you. However it's not wise to post a thread about a track. It's like a ******** and religion thread. There are a bunch of silly people on this site that will go nuts. I'm very close to giving up on this silly forum because of a lot of people on here. If you want updates, use twitter like I do.
Dirtfan42 (Offline)
  #23 5/14/14 9:21 PM
That's why the fans come to see the three wide of side by side. Not follow the leader crap!! Slider agreed that's why I forgot my password and haven't been on here in a long time but thought it's raining I'm bored why not get back on. Well I can see nothing has changed!!
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #24 5/14/14 9:31 PM
Must be doing something right since they have had the highest weekly car counts of any track in the state and one of the highest in the Midwest so far this year.
2 Likes: jim goerge, mowerman
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #25 5/14/14 9:36 PM
Dirtfan42:
You posted this thread stating your opinion. I haven't seen anyone personally attack you or what you said. I've seen other people reply with their opinion, just as you told yours. If you ask me that's a good discussion. Not everybody will agree with what you have to say, but you just have to view both sides and make your own judgement. That's what these forums are all about. People state their opinions and a lot of the time they aren't the same as your own. Doesn't mean the other people are terrible or the forum is terrible, it just means they have different opinions.

Carry on with the discussion Lol....
5 Likes: Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, kcarm92, Pat O'Connor Fan, zeroracer
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #26 5/14/14 9:47 PM
This is gettin good.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #27 5/14/14 9:47 PM
I like the moisture too! LPS has been heavy at least for the Heat Races, the times I have been there over the past 4 plus years. Saturday was a surprise for sure. I cut a tire after a bad draw in the Heat and was done. That is just luck, but I agree the track could get back to some heavy conditions and you can pass plenty when it's like that with no tire wear. I'll try it again when the Burg is off. Everyone have a good weekend!
Pushtruck (Offline)
  #28 5/14/14 9:49 PM
Hmmm... My age must be playing tricks on my memory, but I thought I saw Jon Stanbrough, Brady Short, Chad Boespflug and Jeff Bland put on a heck of a race up front with multiple passes, slide jobs going into the corners, repasses coming back out of the corners with side by side and sometimes three wide racing at points. And that was just at the front of the field. I was trying to watch some of the great racing back in the pack but it was hard to take my eyes off the front runners. That was just the sprint feature. I thought the racing in all the classes were equally exciting with cars running both the high lane and low groove.

I also remember Joe Spiker personally taking the time to come out to rework some really bad spots in the track in 3 & 4 as well as going into 1 to give the racers and fans a better surface.

As far as car count goes... I think the car count was 119 cars in the pits.

Me and my memory... what's an old guy gonna do? Any post I make I will be happy to sign my name to.

Joe Chambers
Official Push Trucks
12 Likes: Dblchkrs, dirttrackdiva3c, fish, hbmundy, Hotshoe65s, jim goerge, K9Racer, kcarm92, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, ronmil, SHORTBUS
65 Push Truck (Offline)
  #29 5/14/14 10:14 PM
Tonight's Putnamville feature was a thriller!

Brady Short, Jon Stanbrough, Chad Boespflug, and Jeff Bland put on a great race up front.

Here is a short teaser.

The FULL feature is posted on Jackslash.com!

You Tube Video
Looks like ,from the video clip from jackslash, that it was a pretty good race to me. Sadly I don't get to go to the races often, and I work some crazy hours for sure. The track was black slick for sure, but watching a good race on a black slick track is more fun than working a 24hr shift. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, you shared yours, others shared theirs, and I shared mine. Hopefully I will get some time off and make the trip LPS soon. Black slick, heavy, fast smooth, heck even mud bog would be better than nothing. Imagine if all of us lived in Utah, or somewhere there was no fine dirt tracks you could go to. I feel blessed to live here in Indiana where racing is just a part of the landscape I grew up on, and guys like Joe Spiker, Dave Rudisell, Tom Helfrich, and others do their best to put on a great show...oh ya and the drivers too! Great race Brady Short, Jon Stanbrough, and Chad Boespflug!
2 Likes: dave, RACrappieman
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #30 5/14/14 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan42:
That's why the fans come to see the three wide of side by side. Not follow the leader crap!! Slider agreed that's why I forgot my password and haven't been on here in a long time but thought it's raining I'm bored why not get back on. Well I can see nothing has changed!!
Before creating a new account today, your last post was made on April 4th. You were complaining about LPS cancelling the season opener due to wet grounds.

Now you're complaining about LPS being too dry.

3 minutes after starting this thread you found your old username & password, logged in and replied to a different thread.

You've went back forth between old and new accounts all night.

Now, none of that info is really that important but I wanted to say thank you for making me laugh tonight.

48 Likes: addictedtodirt, agar, big3131, bighd0522, Bloomington Speedway, BrentTFunk, bus man, Charles Nungester, Chris Nunn, cowboyhar69, cwfan08, davidm, dirttrackfan, fish, FishBurger, hbmundy, Hotshoe65s, i love dirt track racing, itsanonwingthing, jim goerge, JoriHughes, jwr99, K9Racer, kcarm92, Kellen Conover, koolaid89, LittleRube, LUCKYONE, Mattvp52, mayor31, Midget 89, mowerman, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, PAW, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racefan20, rachasin, Red Clay, robert gatten, ronmil, scottyCbus, Shawn, SHORTBUS, SlingShock, TQ29m, Ty
Closed Thread