IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #21 4/27/14 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam:
Buy an ad on here and sell 'em.
While I never advertised it, it cost the drivers a Tshirt to advertise on IOW. All they needed to do was ask me about it.

The direct advertising on IOW is over. I'm not taking any new ads or renewals.

3 Likes: jim goerge, Kellen Conover, speed bump
Newport13 (Offline)
  #22 4/27/14 11:48 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but trying to find someone to sit at a table and sell ur shirts is kind of a pain anyway. I would be willing to pay the tracks souvenir booth a couple dollars a shirt that they sell for me if nothing more than to get my name and sponsors out there.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #23 4/27/14 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Newport13:
I don't know about anyone else, but trying to find someone to sit at a table and sell ur shirts is kind of a pain anyway. I would be willing to pay the tracks souvenir booth a couple dollars a shirt that they sell for me if nothing more than to get my name and sponsors out there.
Its more family than you imagine. There is no I in team Wives, parents, grandparents and even hubbies and fathers when the racer is female.

Charles Nungester
robert gatten (Offline)
  #24 4/27/14 1:37 PM
I even said to Mel, the first night, that he should buy Paul Hazen shirts at a discount and sell them in his souvenir shop but he said "oh no, don't want to start that".
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #25 4/27/14 1:48 PM
Originally Posted by robert gatten:
I even said to Mel, the first night, that he should buy Paul Hazen shirts at a discount and sell them in his souvenir shop but he said "oh no, don't want to start that".
Don't worry, Robert. With support like this the doors will be closed soon.

#26 4/27/14 1:56 PM
I believe that TSS charges a flat fee to setup and sale merchandise behind the grandstands, that seems fair to everyone.
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #27 4/27/14 2:02 PM
you cannot expect a track owner, espeacily a startup track owner to buy merch to sell, but putting merch into the gift shop on consignment is the way to do it folks
mscs20 (Offline)
  #28 4/27/14 4:54 PM
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead:
you cannot expect a track owner, espeacily a startup track owner to buy merch to sell, but putting merch into the gift shop on consignment is the way to do it folks
Clay County Speedway in Flora IL will sell your shirts at their concession/souvenir stand for $1 a shirt. You settle up afterwards when you pick up your pay. They win and you win.
7 Likes: Harley09p, johnnythunderhead, Leohr46, PJ Wright, robert gatten, speed bump, Steve Wendel
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #29 4/27/14 5:03 PM
Originally Posted by mscs20:
Clay County Speedway in Flora IL will sell your shirts at their concession/souvenir stand for $1 a shirt. You settle up afterwards when you pick up your pay. They win and you win.
That sure seems like a fair, sensible policy.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #30 4/27/14 5:06 PM
Originally Posted by mscs20:
I'll take 20 of them 1$ shirts provided there's 20 drivers selling

Charles Nungester