IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #21 8/24/13 2:11 AM
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69:
Top 8 in Smackdown points: Darland Bacon Clauson Ballou Boespflug Stockon Stanbrough & Courtney are locked into Saturday's 40-lap Feature!
Not knowing the points tally, I am assuming the post race shenanigans that Kevin Thomas, Jr. was involved in cost him a lock for tomorrow?

Unless my eyes deceived me, with about 5-6 laps to go, Brady Bacon was running 3rd and tried a slider on KT, Jr., who was 2nd at the time, in Turn 4 but pretty much broad sided him. KT, Jr. went up the track and Bacon went on after Darland but DD was gone. After the race, when KT, Jr. was giving Stockon the Liberace Treament, I just thought he was confused as to who hip checked him and thought it was Stockon vice Bacon.

Great night at the track. The only slip up was a tad bit of overwatering for the Feature.
2 Likes: fish, jim goerge
Vukie (Offline)
  #22 8/24/13 9:12 AM
Originally Posted by jason_rc_racing:
Word going around is KT is parked by track and not allowed back. Any truth to this???

Posted via Mobile Device
Ain't true.

"We will be racing tonight."
BrandonT30 (Offline)
  #23 8/24/13 9:31 AM
Man I hope not
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #24 8/24/13 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69:
Top 8 in Smackdown points: Darland Bacon Clauson Ballou Boespflug Stockon Stanbrough & Courtney are locked into Saturday's 40-lap Feature!
Does anyone have the total points rundown? And how the pairings for the top 8 will be? 1vs8, 2vs7, 3vs6?

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #25 8/24/13 10:07 AM
Night 1was pretty good, and night 2 was EVEN BETTER!

All 7 nights of sprint week could be held here, and it would be ok with me.

Posted via Mobile Device
6 Likes: backstretchdave, BrandonT30, goat, Half fast, Speedracer, sprintsrule
captrat (Offline)
  #26 8/24/13 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
Not knowing the points tally, I am assuming the post race shenanigans that Kevin Thomas, Jr. was involved in cost him a lock for tomorrow?

Unless my eyes deceived me, with about 5-6 laps to go, Brady Bacon was running 3rd and tried a slider on KT, Jr., who was 2nd at the time, in Turn 4 but pretty much broad sided him. KT, Jr. went up the track and Bacon went on after Darland but DD was gone. After the race, when KT, Jr. was giving Stockon the Liberace Treament, I just thought he was confused as to who hip checked him and thought it was Stockon vice Bacon.

Great night at the track. The only slip up was a tad bit of overwatering for the Feature.
Pretty sure that was Stockon who made the unsuccessful slide job (i.e. body slam) in 4, moving KT up the track.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #27 8/24/13 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:

Posted via Mobile Device
You can stay in Kokomo all 7 nights of Sprintweek. I wouldn't have it any other way than it is. Love all the tracks.

Charles Nungester
reeserx (Offline)
  #28 8/24/13 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:

Posted via Mobile Device
With the slide jobs and haymakers thrown in the first two nights, imagine what it's gonna be like tonight!! Whoo! Last night was just flat out awesome!

Posted via Mobile Device
BeerCloud (Offline)
  #29 8/24/13 12:56 PM
there was some smackdown going on at the smackdown last night.
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #30 8/24/13 5:45 PM
Who did Darland pass to become the 5th all-time USAC sprint winner, and who are still above him? Do I recall that Bigelow is tops with 50+ wins, then Dickson with about 45? If that's true DD only needs 4 wins to become 2nd after Bigelow? Is there a web site for this stuff?