IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
K-Dawg30 (Offline)
  #21 11/21/12 8:44 PM
How do most of these rides work? Are they bought or have sponsors behind them? I know the big names probably get a % of winnings cause they do it for a living.

Would a guy stand a chance at a ride if he had racing experience but brought money to the table?

Just seems odd that the big names arent being mentioned as having rides yet. Nothing against the guys with rides mention, im happy for them.
Josh Spencer (Offline)
  #22 11/21/12 8:54 PM
Originally Posted by jason_rc_racing:
I think AJ and the fox boys could win a bunch of races. Not so sure about the rest of the list.

Posted via Mobile Device
So much for having fun.

Josh Spencer
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, Jerry Spencer, speed bump, Speedracer
Gene Franckowiak (Offline)
  #23 11/21/12 8:58 PM
Does anyone know what I'm doing.....cause I don't

I am considering putting a car together just to run the USAC Eastern Swing. It will be a "special needs" team and not a ride for everyone but I would be interesed in hearing from interested drivers to discuss this possibility. Looking for an experienced non-wing driver who is capable of running up front. Again, this is not a for sure thing unless the right people can be found to make it happen. If this seems like something you could help put together give me a call Gene Franckowiak
3 Likes: addictedtodirt, mowerman, Pine
jason_rc_racing (Offline)
  #24 11/21/12 9:03 PM
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer:
So much for having fun.

Josh Spencer
Josh I think you could win in the right ride. Think about It TSR didn't win this yr.

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: Jerry Spencer, racegal
Robert Ballou (Offline)
  #25 11/21/12 9:35 PM
Originally Posted by K-Dawg30:
This leaves Levi Jones, The Stache, DD, Jerry Coons, the bear, and TMEZ with no rides
Looks like I'm still looking I guess - that's ok I always have my backup career as a life coach that I can turn to!

Oops meant to quote who all spencer is running grabbed wrong one
Posted via Mobile Device
8 Likes: cmakin, DaveP63, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, Jerry Spencer, Rpracing1, speed bump, TNRustler
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #26 11/21/12 9:41 PM
Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh:
The stash to the 71p. Ballou to the hazen 57. Coons the the baldwin 5x

Posted via Mobile Device
That campfire must have had some wild smoke coming from it plus you must be in the Holiday 'Spirits" early.
However you have generated alot of responses, including mine.How about we put our "Favorite" Media Person in a KK midget to go along with this campfire madness?

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, Rpracing1, speed bump
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #27 11/21/12 9:54 PM
Dang, I guess Bubby Jones and Jack Hewitt won't be in Baldwin's cars after all.
5 Likes: DaveP63, dirtnonwingfan, dkdorkboy, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge
younggun398 (Offline)
  #28 11/22/12 12:20 AM
Merger of two teams going to be based out of Brownsburg, In. With a large sponsor stepping up to the plate. Cant wait for 2013 season going to be a fun one, starting with the Chili Bowl. Really thankful for the opportunities being presented. Shout out to Big Al, FatFro, and RayPro
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, MWestfallfan54, robert gatten
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #29 11/22/12 12:50 AM
I think some people took those comments of the guys in those cars seriously lol. To answer one guy's question for real though, many rides require the driver to have talent and sponsorship behind him too. The economy is tough and many local owners can't do it solely on their own.

Posted via Mobile Device
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #30 11/22/12 9:36 AM
whens the next camp fire i wanna go and drink or smoke whatever it was...lmao
6 Likes: babcock14d, DWX 9929, fasterthanu, Jerry Spencer, Pat O'Connor Fan, racephoto1
Closed Thread