IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cecil98 (Offline)
  #21 6/4/12 4:55 PM
Originally Posted by sw1911:
Please give serious consideration to a Ford, GM or Mopar product.
Please watch this video. It's important to know this. Then tell me you still think he should shop a GM vehicle....

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #22 6/4/12 5:38 PM
Thank you all very much for the input on the Kia, i got a lot more responses than i thought! Haven't decided yet but i like the price and my wife likes the comfort and she will be driving what ever we buy. Any more input would be greatly appreciated!
Jonr (Offline)
  #23 6/4/12 6:25 PM
Several things.

As a person who has worked as a supplier in a GM plant for the last 14 years, I hope that you purchase a car from one of the big three. Since Dodge owns the mini-van market, I would suggest looking at that product. It is first class.

About the video. GM has been a global company for many decades. Even in North America, GM has plants in the USA, Mexico, and Canada. The Oshawa Complex is one of the largest complexes around. There was alot made about the joint ventures that GM has in China. The only way to have a presence in China is with a Joint-venture. It is not possible to do it alone. It is no secret that all global companies are looking for ways to grow thier market share. There is no bigger market to grow than the market in China. Growing the Chinese market was a key business strategy of all global car companies. Finally, if you are going to grow a market, you need to understand the market. thus, you need to have engineers in that region help design the cars that are going to sell in that region.

Buick has been a brand in China for close to a century. This is the main reason that the Buick nameplate survived the recent brand reduction. The Buick brand is the leading GM brand in China.

Like I said, I have worked from a GM facitlity for the past 14 years. I get a little concerned when people start telling only one side of the story.
REH24 (Offline)
  #24 6/4/12 8:02 PM
Originally Posted by cecil98:
Please watch this video. It's important to know this. Then tell me you still think he should shop a GM vehicle....

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo
Hmmmm, seems like I have seen that link someplace earlier.

REH

"Don't let your life determine your attitude, let your attitude determine your life"

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”
davidphillips
  #25 6/4/12 9:16 PM
ok, im going to put my 2 cents in here. i have been a auto mechanic now for 11 straight years. and in all that time every time anyone has asked me what type of vehicle i prefer, or suggest to stay away from, my response has always been and always will be stay away from kia and hyundai! cheapest most disposable vehicle made by far. but like i said thats my opinion. any more it really doesnt matter what you buy, as long as the mpg is good and it gets good maintenance your good to go..
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #26 6/9/12 2:07 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
I'll sell it for a $1000. Still runs pretty good.
You should have bought it when you had the chance, Tim. The drivers seat and mirrors were ALREADY adjusted for you!!!

If your interested in it now,I'll sell it to you for $2000.00
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #27 6/9/12 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:
You should have bought it when you had the chance, Tim. The drivers seat and mirrors were ALREADY adjusted for you!!!

If your interested in it now,I'll sell it to you for $2000.00
Bring it to Putnamville Thursday and i will drive it back into the cheese curtain!