IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Go Fast (Offline)
  #21 10/1/11 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by garseng:
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

If windom and Jones had the same qual.time,what determines who starts where.
Posted via Mobile Device
The rule book is very hard to understand as it talks about the driver with the 2nd fastest elapsed time. Don't know if that means both laps combined or what. In the sprint car rule book it is the same but says that it may also be addressed in the entry form or at the drivers meeting. Entry form for Lawrenceburg had nothing about ties. The standard procedure that I have heard at past drivers meetings is the guy who posted that time first ranks higher than the one who did it second.

Gary Ooley

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #22 10/1/11 11:22 PM
Levi wins!

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

From Ballou's Facebook.........

Levi Jones holds on to win Lawrenceburg over Windom Schuerenberg Riggs TracyHines Stanbrough Coons TedHines East Clauson Haudenschild Short
garseng (Offline)
  #23 10/1/11 11:39 PM
Thanks"GoFast"for the explanation.
Posted via Mobile Device
Eatin Dirt (Offline)
  #24 10/1/11 11:53 PM
Just got home from the Burg and got a bite to eat. What a shame for J Hendrick, he flatout had the field covered. There wasn't anyone going to catch him tonight.
3 Likes: Dirtfan, FishBurger, Mud Packer
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #25 10/2/11 12:12 AM
Was it called a dust burger
Originally Posted by Eatin Dirt:
Just got home from the Burg and got a bite to eat. What a shame for J Hendrick, he flatout had the field covered. There wasn't anyone going to catch him tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device
Eatin Dirt (Offline)
  #26 10/2/11 12:24 AM
No not tonight.
TheLip2 (Offline)
  #27 10/2/11 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by Go Fast:
Don't know Vern. I am at home relaying info from various sources.
I will see if anyone there can tell me.

My friend there said he just lost his place in line. Apparently 1 groove track
and Dave must have tried a different one.
As a past critic of my favorite track . . . I want to say that I thought the racing was great tonight. It was anything but one groove. There were guys on the wall, guys on the bottom and some great slide jobs in the heats which usually never happens. It was cold as ****, but a great night of racing IMO. Great way to send the USAC boys off west. Wish it wasn't over. Really good night for L'burg Speedway although I wish that my boys Brady Short or Robert Ballou could have got something going.
5 Likes: cowboyhar69, FishBurger, Gregg, mowerman, Mud Packer
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #28 10/2/11 1:54 AM
Only a couple flips in the heats and 22 green flag laps in the feature before Jonathan Hendrick got caught up in a bad deal. The young man had the field covered and *THE FIELD* knew it!

Levi as he said in victory lane, Wasn't the fastest car as evidenced by Hendrick driving around and away from him at the start and as evidenced by both Hunter and Windom being all over him for six of the last eight laps before they got to racing each other and Levi pulled em a bit.

Two drivers impressing me tonight were Ted Hines. Started 19th and finished 8th. I've kinda been a critic of his secretly at the burg as kinda holding the fast guys up. Don't be mad at me cause tonight he proved me wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The other was Logan Hupp. I said last race was the best I seen him on a non slickie. Well tonight he topped it

Heats were great. Sliders for positions and while a couple were won handily, The battle behind em was fierce!

I was shivering before the racing started but while the racing was going on, The hat and gloves were off and I was fine. Didn't get cold again till the mods were running their feature. Fergeson won that in his first visit in dominating fashion.

Didn't watch a mini sprint run all night so no comments good or bad.
Great way to end the year and Congrats to Rudy for his birthday, The 2009-2010 NW promoter of the year and a great night of racing at the Burg!

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: cowboyhar69, FishBurger, Gregg, mowerman, Mud Packer
Rogue-9 (Offline)
  #29 10/2/11 2:50 AM
dd just went backwards in b.
racegal (Offline)
  #30 10/2/11 8:06 AM
Originally Posted by Rogue-9:
dd just went backwards in b.
Thanks

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops