IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bobO (Offline)
  #21 3/2/09 2:07 AM
dean-kevin- i think if you increase stager on yhe upload feed 2-3 in,s move the sever in 1-2 in,s change to a bigger bar 1025-1050- in the ram, put a super shock (tie down) on top of broardcast site all problems will be cured butttttttttttt that,s just my thought,s any action is better then NO ACTION and it,s alway,s eaiser four those not doing to wine as the mechinac told his driver keep the faith we,ll get it comfey for you and it,ll be wicked FAST:rolling
YeleynSmoke (Offline)
  #22 3/2/09 6:41 AM
I haven't been fortunate enough yet to get the Live Feed yet, BUT I am just so grateful for the live Timing feature. Its 100 percent better just having that feature (back). So Thanks to all for what you are doing.
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #23 3/2/09 9:37 AM
The original question was not meant in any way to be considered as a complaint by me. It was simply asked from a web hosting technology point of view.

I understand there has been complaints, but don't assume that everyone asking a question about the video is ******** about what you're trying to do. You guys know that when you do something that is appreciated, it normally goes unstated and when there are problems... you hear everything about it. It is just the way life is.

And as one so-called member stated... "These people aren't interest in any reasonable answer you can give them, so there's no reason to communicate with them at all." Well, that comment kinda sounds familiar to years past.

If I could be there in person, I would be the first to tell you guys that I appreciate the efforts being made to improve. That is of course if you are interested in what I have to say. :O:

Take care and good luck with the R&D.

JShock66
  #24 3/2/09 11:22 AM
I agree Bill, you were not complaining at all.

I don't think anybody looks at it as an "Entitlement" as Mr. Mills tried pointing out. What are we supposed to do? Sit there like a bunch of mind numbed idiots and not say anything?

USAC is promoting a live video feed ... it is not working for a lot of people ... that is a fact.

Don't you think it is a good thing that USAC now knows that a lot of people can't get the video feed? Glad Kevin got on here and tried to explain the situation.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #25 3/2/09 7:27 PM
Originally Posted by JShock66:
I agree Bill, you were not complaining at all.

I don't think anybody looks at it as an "Entitlement" as Mr. Mills tried pointing out. What are we supposed to do? Sit there like a bunch of mind numbed idiots and not say anything?

USAC is promoting a live video feed ... it is not working for a lot of people ... that is a fact.

Don't you think it is a good thing that USAC now knows that a lot of people can't get the video feed? Glad Kevin got on here and tried to explain the situation.
Not sure I agree with your fact. USAC is PROVIDING a live video feed. I havent seen them PROMOTE it anywhere

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Millsvideo
  #26 3/2/09 8:35 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Not sure I agree with your fact. USAC is PROVIDING a live video feed. I havent seen them PROMOTE it anywhere
First, I want to make this clear...I really haven't taken anything personal, as one person presumed. I am just amused by the amazing amount of uproar we've had over trouble with developing a technology that didn't even exist a short time ago. While some of the comments I've seen have bordered on the insulting, I personally do not take offense. I guess it just baffles me how USAC can actually take criticism for trying to allow people to see their races for free from the comfort of home. It's kinda like suing the paramedic who tried to save your dad's life, but failed to.

Second, I realize that Bill Gardner was not being critical, he was actually on a fact finding mission. My response was a broad one to the many who complained not only on the USAC site last week, but this one as well. I really do think it is a sad commentary on how spoiled we are as a society that "we" have such a sense of entitlement about "us". Louis CK's diatribe on Conan was a perfect response to those that have been so incensed by their inability to get the feed. And, knowing several people who fought through and got on, I simply pointed out that those people who didn't should have perservered and tried to get on instead of complaining about it. That is just my opinion. There are those in the world who won't be denied when faced by adversity and then those who will whine about their unfortunate circumstances and stop trying. That's a fact. And it's backed up by my friends who got on, and the myriad of people who didn't and instead wasted their efforts by moaning publically about it.

Third, racefan20 is correct. USAC has not promoted their attempt at live streaming one iota. It's all been done to help the race fan see the races they couldn't or didn't go to. It's all for you folks. And I guess I find it a little sad that USAC has actually taken a ton of criticism for attempting to improve the race fan's experience. It's the old adage about the gift horse and the mouth.

Just saying...

DM
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #27 3/2/09 8:46 PM
All I was trying to say is if you don't know there is a problem, who could ever expect it to be worked on? I've never and for the most part most have never purposfully insulted anyone just mentioned they couldn't get it. I did see a few "What a Joke" Comments and stuff. To that I say may they never get the feed LOL

Take care Dean. I apreciate it. I'll buy ya a couple "Whatever's" when I see ya.
Chuck

Charles Nungester
sprntr (Offline)
  #28 3/2/09 9:00 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
They have promoted it by announcing it in a press release & by having a button on their website.

I'm not complaining about the feed, even though I haven't yet been able to log on to it.
They'll get it fixed eventually.:cheers
JShock66
  #29 3/2/09 9:53 PM
I agree with sprntr ... by having that button on their, people expect it to work. That is promoting a product or service.

Maybe if they would say it is a beta or test version, people might be more tolerant when it doesn't work.

We all know that racing people look for a way to complain about anything, this is nothing new and should be expected.
badgerfan (Offline)
  #30 3/2/09 10:58 PM
no good deed shall go unpunished.