IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #21 7/5/22 3:27 PM
If for some reason some of you are headed out that way today Tuesday afternoon. Be aware of a Derecho storm heading towards Brandon area at 230pm still west of town, Storm has had over 90mph winds and is heading east, south east.

Charles Nungester
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #22 7/5/22 4:12 PM
Thanks for the update. I hope it’s not as serious as it sounds. If I’m not mistaken they just did a bunch of storm damage repairs at the speedway
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, PIT CART
  #23 7/5/22 6:11 PM
Early reports are that the Brandon area was not nearly as hard hit as the one a few weeks ago.

Charles Nungester
  #24 7/5/22 7:37 PM
Storm still raging across lower MINN and Iowa. heads up if you're traveling

Charles Nungester
TQ29m (Online)
  #25 7/6/22 12:13 PM
Looks like ft Wayne got it also, didn't effect any racing, but sure made it tough on the residents.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #26 7/6/22 6:18 PM
Just saw on the Twitter that KTJ has elected to stay in Indiana at Gas City and Kokomo to “test and tune” My guess is he would be doing that in South Dakota if it was a local purse only here in Indiana
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #27 7/6/22 7:08 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Just saw on the Twitter that KTJ has elected to stay in Indiana at Gas City and Kokomo to “test and tune” My guess is he would be doing that in South Dakota if it was a local purse only here in Indiana
He must’ve been testing and tuning during Eastern Storm too.

Maybe the travel $$$ doesn’t add up to them this year?
3 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, OnTheHammer, wildman92
wildman92 (Offline)
  #28 7/6/22 7:46 PM
If you believe the conspiracy theory enough, it will come true.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
7 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, Danny Burton, Ilovedirttrackracing, racenut69, Rpracing1
  #29 7/6/22 7:52 PM
He spent half a year on the road and probably didn't make a lot of $$ purse wise with All Stars, Stayin close an racing for some $$ makes sense. Getting some laps for Sprint week too.

Charles Nungester
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #30 7/6/22 8:12 PM
Has the car KTJ is driving ever traveled besides Florida? Seems like MSCS based team to me.
2 Likes: chrismattlin, oppweld