IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > May 28th – Lawrenceburg Speedway – World of Outlaw Sprints
5/29/18, 12:04 AM   #21
Re: May 28th – Lawrenceburg Speedway – World of Outlaw Sprin
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Although he's been on the Outlaw Tour a few years, Sweet sure as heck came out of the USAC KKR 9/99 stable of sprints, midgets and champs.

I agree, near perfect track. If it had stayed yellow free, I honstly think Stewart from way back starting spot had a shot.

Sat in two and barely got dusted in the heats. The wind shifting and blowing harder for the feature made it dusty, but not block your vision dust that I've seen.

We got lucky with the cloud cover and approaching storms. Cooled off and was pleasant. Until about 5pm it was 90* and burn ya in about 20 minutes sun.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/29/18 at 12:07 AM.

1 member likes this post: hoosierboy3
5/29/18, 7:43 AM   #22
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

It was a great feature lots of action ! Battle's all thru the field! The last few years this race has been great! Larson and Bell couldn't get the job done last night but it was sure nice to see them try! In the end The Big Cat Brad Sweet bested Schatz and I'm sure that put a few smiles on peoples faces!

2 members like this post: motorhead748, tirespinner
5/29/18, 11:17 AM   #23
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Although he's been on the Outlaw Tour a few years, Sweet sure as heck came out of the USAC KKR 9/99 stable of sprints, midgets and champs.

I agree, near perfect track. If it had stayed yellow free, I honstly think Stewart from way back starting spot had a shot.

Sat in two and barely got dusted in the heats. The wind shifting and blowing harder for the feature made it dusty, but not block your vision dust that I've seen.

We got lucky with the cloud cover and approaching storms. Cooled off and was pleasant. Until about 5pm it was 90* and burn ya in about 20 minutes sun.
Sweet also started in wing cars. Whole lotta revisionist history going on around here. Larson won a Golden State Challenge championship before shedding the wing, Bell ran winged cars before moving to KK Midgets. Careers don't start when you cross the Indiana state line. Damion Gardner and Robert Ballou started in winged cars, too.

6 members like this post: Kart#51, mcweld, mlamb, motorhead748, PIT CART, treecitytornado
5/29/18, 1:27 PM   #24
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
Sweet also started in wing cars. Whole lotta revisionist history going on around here. Larson won a Golden State Challenge championship before shedding the wing, Bell ran winged cars before moving to KK Midgets. Careers don't start when you cross the Indiana state line. Damion Gardner and Robert Ballou started in winged cars, too.
Amen...you clearly know your Nor Cal history.

5/29/18, 1:33 PM   #25
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Sweet came from Northern California. There aren't non wing sprint cars in Northern California with the exception of a few select events on an annual basis these days. His career started long before KKR days. Just sayin'

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > May 28th – Lawrenceburg Speedway – World of Outlaw Sprints